Open spot keeps connecting disconnectine

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Open spot keeps connecting disconnectine

Post by HA2NON »

Disconnect the USB cord from the wall adapter and connect it to your computer.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W1DGL

Post by W1DGL »

HA2NON wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:49 am Disconnect the USB cord from the wall adapter and connect it to your computer.
The wall adapter is 'hard wired' (cable not removable from it). I found a USB cable with the same (type of) connector and plugged it into the computer; it's still not showing up on my system as a USB device. I tried downloading each of the suggested programs and using them, but I have no idea as to how to configure PuTTY or RealTerm to detect it.
When I go to open PuTTY, the first thing that opens is the Configuration/Settings screen. I didn't make any changes to it and clicked 'open' and nothing happened. I don't know what each of the config/settings to use for it.
I'm still not able to connect to the openSPOT via the web interface (still getting a "Can't find that page" error).
Last edited by W1DGL on Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please try using another USB cable, as the one you use now probably does not support data transfer, only charging. The USB cable supplied with the openSPOT1 supports data transfer. If you don't have that, then try using a mobile phone's USB cable, as they usually support data transfer.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W1DGL

Post by W1DGL »

HA2NON wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:39 pm Please try using another USB cable, as the one you use now probably does not support data transfer, only charging. The USB cable supplied with the openSPOT1 supports data transfer. If you don't have that, then try using a mobile phone's USB cable, as they usually support data transfer.
That's what I'm using for a USB - a mobile phone's cable, and still nothing. And I did not get a separate USB cable when I originally bought my openSPOT - only the hard-wired cable to the wall AC adapter (aka "wall wart").
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

We sold every openSPOT1 unit with a USB cable plus a wall AC adapter with a USB slot on it.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W1DGL

Post by W1DGL »

HA2NON wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:26 pm We sold every openSPOT1 unit with a USB cable plus a wall AC adapter with a USB slot on it.
I still have the original box and mine didn't come with one. Just the hardwired AC adapter.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Probably the distributor you've bought the unit from has changed the wall adapter for some unknown reason.

Please try using other USB cables on your computer until you find one which works.

Some questions regardless of the USB connection:
Is your openSPOT connected to the exact same router as your PC with the Ethernet cable?
Is the ETH LED green on your openSPOT?
Have you tried connecting the openSPOT to other ports on your router and then trying to open the web interface, or look at the DHCP clients list on the router?
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W1DGL

Post by W1DGL »

HA2NON wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 am Slow (1Hz) flashing red Status LED means that the null connector is active. This is the default case when you've done a factory reset. Activate another connector to initiate connecting to a server.
Fast flashing red Status LED means openSPOT is trying to connect to the selected server, but it can't connect (network issues, or server is down). In this case you should try using another server.

Make sure openSPOT is connected to the same router your browser device is connected to with an Ethernet cable. If http://openspot.local/ does not work then please open the web interface by entering openSPOT's IP address in your browser. You can find openSPOT's IP address by looking at the DHCP client list in your router's web interface, or you can use an IP or MDNS scanner app.
This is what I get when I look at my router's list of 'attached' devices (and, no, the "unknown" isn't the openSPOT) - there's no IP addresses listed unless the device is 'connected':
https://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq3 ... tled_1.jpg
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Your screenshot looks blurry and I can't see anything. Can you please repost it?

Can you please answer my questions?

Is your openSPOT connected to the exact same router as your PC with the Ethernet cable?
Have you tried connecting the openSPOT to other ports on your router and then trying to open the web interface, or look at the DHCP clients list on the router?
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W1DGL

Post by W1DGL »

HA2NON wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 pm Your screenshot looks blurry and I can't see anything. Can you please repost it?

Can you please answer my questions?

Yes, it is connected via Ethernet to my router. ETH ACT and ACT lights are green (ETH ACT is rapid-blinking green, STATUS is slow-blinking red, ACT is also slow-blinking green. MODEM is not lit. Yes, I have attempted using the other Ethernet ports, with the same results.
I have also attempted rebooting both my cable modem and router several times, and still get the same results, with still no web-based connection.