Noob here. No idea where to begin. MD380, openspot

rvosatka

Noob here. No idea where to begin. MD380, openspot

Post by rvosatka »

Hello all,

I need an ultrabasic tutorial. I was able to get "autocal" to work (I think). When I press PTT, I see a RSSI signal. I think I connected to TG9, but frankly I have no idea. Nor do I have any idea how to hear others or be heard.

WA2I

HA5OGR

Re: Noob here. No idea where to begin. MD380, openspot

Post by HA5OGR »

Hi Bob,

First of all. Did you read Openspot online manual? It's very helpful.

https://www.sharkrf.com/products/openspot/manual/

Using the OpenSpot, you can connect to a BM reflector or talkgroup through TG 9 on your radio. Do this either using the Connectors page of the OpenSpot web interface, or by making a manual private call to the desired reflector directly on your radio. You can also connect to an arbitrary (non-reflector) TG by using the Connectors page to make a group call to the desired TG, and again operating the radio on TG 9. If your radio can make a manual group call you could do this from the radio just like connecting to a reflector. For the OpenSpot you will setup a channel on the radio for each talkgroup you want to use. Just like you would for a repeater. The OpenSpot will connect to a talkgroup after you key up. It will stay connected to that talkgroup until you key up on a different one. For more info also have a look here

https://forum.sharkrf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=297

73's de Lajos
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

milehigher

Re: Noob here. No idea where to begin. MD380, openspot

Post by milehigher »

If you are looking for code plugs, google grapevine amateur radio , the guy that owns it is a big DMR guy and has started a code plug repository that you can upload and download code plugs,only problem you might have is he is in Texas so he may not be available due to power loss or flooding .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk