Can't connect to openspot

n8dv

Can't connect to openspot

Post by n8dv »

I was trying to update the firmware but openspot is stuck in bootloader mode. I can't access openspot at all. I tried a reset-nothing. I keep getting the bootloader screen popping up with the two files and a new file an err file. This is the first time I have had a problem.Please help me to access openspot. I hope I haven't bricked the device.Thanks.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Can't connect to openspot

Post by HA2NON »

Just copy the new firmware file to the bootloader drive.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Riohondo65

Re:Stuck in boot loader mode

Post by Riohondo65 »

bootloader with bad file<br />bootloader with bad file
bootloader with bad file
bootloader with bad file
error
error
I was doing a firmware update 131 from 127 and it ejects right after I move file to bootloader. It gives an error. See atachments. I can not remove openSpot froom bootloader mode. Any suggestions.

By the way I have tried:

Down loaded the the firmware update 131 a couple of time to copy to boot loader to see if file was corrupted but I get same results.

Downloaded the firmware uptade 127 and got same error.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Can't connect to openspot

Post by HA2NON »

If you are using a Mac and you have issues with the firmware upgrade, you may try copying the firmware .bin file using cp in the Terminal instead using Finder. Open a Terminal, then enter cp ~/Downloads/srf-osp-1.1-0113.bin /Volumes/BOOTLOADER/ (replace ~/Downloads/srf-osp-1.1-0113.bin with the path to the firmware .bin file).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team