No receive audio (other than Parrot echo)

oh3nfc

Re: No receive audio (other than Parrot echo)

Post by oh3nfc »

I quess the radio is only listening the TG 3100 while the openspot transmits rerouted talk on the TG9.

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

jeffslusher

Post by jeffslusher »

Current color code is 1 and I am connected to Group 3100

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Make sure you use a channel in your radio which has TG9 as the TX contact as you have to talk to TG9 if you use call rerouting (openSPOT will route your call to TG3100) and all calls coming from TG3100 will be routed to TG9 to your radio by the device.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

jeffslusher

Post by jeffslusher »

Still no joy.
Unit is transmitting OK -- I'm being heard by others...on 3100 and 312 -- but with me listening on Brandmeister. When other party is talking, modem LED flashes red (same as when I use Parrott). When I am talking, I can hear myself on Brandmeister as well -- but no receive audio on my MD390.
Parrott works perfectly with audio on the radio. I checked codeplug, box by box to make sure Parrott contact was same as contact info on 3100 and 312. All are the same.
Any other thoughts?
TNX/73

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Parrot uses a private call to go back to you so the RX group list / TX contact settings in your radio do not matter in that case. You have something incorrect in your radio's configuration. Please post a screenshot from your CPS software which shows your radio's current channel configuration.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

Please, send your code plug to me. I would like to have a look. My address is oh3nfc@gmail.com

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

jeffslusher

Post by jeffslusher »

Problem solved! TNX to Chuck, K7CET who found the problem in the codeplug programming. Turns out I had not entered data in the GROUP list of the MD390 programming software. When we entered ZONE information in the GROUP list box, I started receiving audio! We speculated whether or not the software authors should have labeled what they call "GROUP list," "ZONE" data instead?

TNX to all who offered suggestions. Great to be on the air!