receiver problems

KD6RX

receiver problems

Post by KD6RX » Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm

I recently got an open spot and I am not receiving any traffic including signal check confirmation. I do get an echo when I connect or disconnect my ethernet cable. I live in a home with the attic lined with aluminum and I get no traffic on any of my equipment. If the attic is the problem, am I going to need to put an openspot antenna on the roof. If so, what type of antenna should I use?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: receiver problems

Post by HA2NON » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Please test with openSPOT's built-in local echo first and make sure you are near the device. If everything is configured and tested then you can move the unit to the attic.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

KD6RX

Post by KD6RX » Sat May 19, 2018 6:57 pm

This is my first experience with DMR and open spot. Im not sure how to use the echo service.When I turn everything on I hear a message that tells me I am hooked up to Brandmeister 3102,call routing is active. Group call 9. I am not sure why I do not hear any traffic. I am using tranceiver Baofeng RD-5R.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 am

Turn off call rerouting for the first time to make things easier. Set up a channel in your radio with the TX contact 9999 and if you talk, openSPOT will echo back what you've said.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team