openspot stuck in bootloader

sv1iw

openspot stuck in bootloader

Post by sv1iw » Fri May 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi all
I had an openspot inactive for more than a year. Today I thought to update the firmware and tried to load the latest srf-osp-1.1-0139.bin. The system went to the bootloader status but there were delays and finally timeout errors (like file path is too deep and others) transferring the binary file from the host to the openspot flash drive. After several tries the file transferred successfully (or so I thought as you can never be sure since you always see 0 bytes file size). The result is that the openspot stays always in bootloader mode and never recovers operation. Every minute reboots to come again in bootloader mode. Tried several earlier firmware files to no success. Files listed in the flash drive are APPCRC.ERR, SRF-OSM.RDY and SRF-OSP.RDY. Status led permanently red, Act unlit, Modem flashing green fast, Eth Act steady -delayed blink green. ACT flashes red/green only when try to transfer file.
Any ideas, suggestions?
Manos SV1IW

sv1iw

Re: openspot stuck in bootloader

Post by sv1iw » Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 pm

I have finally resolve the issue by removing APPCRC.ERR and previous binary file and transferring successfully a new binary. Probably the first attempt was unsuccessful or the file corrupted on the transfer and since the file remained there reboot and update was unsuccessful too...
Regards
Manos SV1IW