Trying to use D Star on a reflector but no one is hearing me

nickj890

Trying to use D Star on a reflector but no one is hearing me

Post by nickj890 »

Hello, I'm having troubles with my D-star on my Openspot while using a reflector it connects to the reflector fine its just when I try to key up and talk and ask for a radio check no one is coming back or hearing me. Is there any special settings I need to change?? I have my call letters inside of the hotspot for D star setting. Also is satellite signal required for D-star trying to find out??
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Trying to use D Star on a reflector but no one is hearing me

Post by HA2NON »

Does the status field on the status page show "connected"?
If yes, please first test the connection between your radio and the openSPOT using it's built-in local echo service.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
nickj890

Post by nickj890 »

Yes it does show connected thats my next try is using the echo service on the radio. I think I even checked on the reflectors statis site see if I was connected and it said I was via a hotspot.
nickj890

Post by nickj890 »

When I try EchoTest on my local radio I do not hear myself it does say on radio still connected to reflector because I have Openspot connected to reflector. Maybe some setting isn't correct for me TX and getting out on D star?? When im looking at status It does say to E from my call letter because I'm doing echotest via my radio but i'm not hearing me back. Is the problem.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Make sure the openSPOT's TX power is set to 100% and you're on the correct frequency. You can post screenshots of your status page and connector settings page and we'll look at your settings.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
nickj890

Post by nickj890 »

The OpenSpot Hotspot is at 100% for it to receive and transmit under the modem setting. It is on the right frequency for transmit and receive so that isn't an issue. It is set to D-star. Is there a echo test setting I can set on OpenSpot as well because I heard some DV Dongle's have that? I have tried Echo test on my Icom radio itself but still not repeating audio back. I always have an issue doing D star with my Openspot the reflector acknowledges my connection with Openspot but when I key up the time does not change on the reflectors status page.
nickj890

Post by nickj890 »

Here is all my settings for D star in my OpenSpot. In attachments are the screenshots. I'm not sure what else to say. Hopefully you can figure out my issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.28.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.28.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.28.40 PM.png
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Does the modem LED blink green on the openSPOT when you press the PTT on your radio?
Your settings look correct. Please send us the exported config profile file to info@sharkrf.com and refer to this forum thread.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
nickj890

Post by nickj890 »

I got it working it needed a blank space in the gateway ID thing I believe. I got it solved from another ham I contacted. Now I can transmit and the other D star hams can hear me. My problem is solved!
Rallyden

Post by Rallyden »

New OS3 user. Now I have exactly the same issue. I’m not hearing others but with both OS3 and my Icom radio directly to a repeater, the status page shows that I’m “heard”. What exactly did the previous user fix in order to get things to work? Thanks