radiokk

OpenSpot hangs Connecting

Post by radiokk » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Using OpenSpot
Hardware version:
v1.1 (433 US)
Software version:
Bootloader version:

It worked once. Now when attempting to use again it wont connect to anything.

connector connecting

Little "Bubbles" in upper right corner next to logos keep moving.
Status LED FAST red flashing
ACT slow green flash
MODEM no light
ETH ACT flickering green

Ideas?
Bought for Dstar use.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: OpenSpot hangs Connecting

Post by HA2NON » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Connector connecting means the openSPOT is trying to connect to the selected server, but it can't. Maybe the server is down. Have you tried another server?
Also please check your connector settings. Make sure everything is filled out correctly. If you want, you can post a screenshot of your connector settings and we'll check if they are correct.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

radiokk

Post by radiokk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:03 am

Yes, Ive tried others.
Once again..after having been powered off for a few hours it connected..now, once again it wont.
Capture.jpg
screenshot

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 am

Please send us your exported configuration profile file (click on the Export button on the Settings page) to info@sharkrf.com, please refer to this forum thread and we'll check your settings.
SharkRF Team

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:16 am

We've tried your configuration profile and it works for us. The openSPOT is now connecting to the server without problems. Maybe the last time you've tried the server was down. If it happens again, try to use another server to check your openSPOT configuration.
SharkRF Team

VE3WCZ

Post by VE3WCZ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:40 am

Hello

I have this very same problem. My openspot won't connect to any reflectors starting with "REF". For example I can't connect to REF001C.

However I am able to connect to XRF018B.

Any chance you could explain what the fix was?

Other than this the openspot has been amazing. Great piece of technology!!!

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:46 am

Your D-STAR network registration is invalid: https://wb1gof.dstargateway.org/cgi-bin ... ign=ve3wcz
A valid registration is required on old REF servers.
SharkRF Team

VE3WCZ

Post by VE3WCZ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi Again

I sent a note to the trust-server-admins@dstarusers.org e-mail account asking what the problem might be. I had thought I registered everything correctly back in March ( VE3WCZ ) and have had no issues until now.

If I find out what the problem is I'll post it here in case others may be seeing the same thing.

Also if you have any insights as to what the issue might be I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thanks for the quick response it's really appreciated.

73's
VE3WCZ

VE3WCZ

Post by VE3WCZ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Hello Again

Just a quick update for any of those that might be following this thread.

Seems I am in fact registered twice. I've sent an e-mail to VE3LSR group to un-register my call sign.

The other place I seem to be register is shown as "REGIST" which for the life of me I cannot figure out where or who to contact about getting me un-registered. So if anyone know about "REGIST" please let me know how or where to reach them.

Thanks to all in advance for the help getting this far. It's greatly appreciated.

VE3WCZ

73's

VE3WCZ

Post by VE3WCZ » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Back Again

So I think my mystery has been solved for any that are following this. Here is what I think has happened.

The problem started when I could not connect to reflector REF001C which is a main reflector. Thinking it was something to do with my openspot I posted the question here.
The helpful folks at shark pointed out I was registered in 2 different places, and that could be the issue.
I was able to be un-registered from the one repeater however the "REGIST" one I could not determine what this one was.

I then got re-registered with a local repeater. Then I found out through talking on other nets that REF001C had gone down in the previous days. So that may have been the problem all along. In fact as I am typing this I cannot connect to REF001C, but can connect to various other "REF" reflectors.

As for the "REGIST" repeater below is one answer I got while asking around about it. Has anyone else heard of this "emerging" site? If so I'd like to hear more about it.
*** Answer regarding REGSIT ***
I think that is the “emerging” site that is to take over all registrations so that the local registration servers will not be needed. I have not been able to get any firm info on that though. I think it is where you are sent when you look for the closest registration server but I may be mistaken.

So all of this to say I think my problems have been resolved. With that many thanks to the folks at shark for all of their help working through this.

VE3WCZ
thanks and 73's