Flashing Red LED

Jextra

Flashing Red LED

Post by Jextra » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 pm

My unit has been working fine, I did a firmware update on my AnyTone 868UV and made contacts, The SharkRF OS runs continually and noticed yesterday that the Red Status led was blinking slowly and th manual suggested that the Firmware needed updated? I noted the 2 bin files and I'm not sure if those two files should be combined? I'm not sure and need a bit of help understanding that. I used the latest firmware file and made sure it matched up. I have only did one update and that was several months ago. Please advise. The Red LED (Status) continues to flash.

Thanks in advance John W8NEE

jimgior

Re: Flashing Red LED

Post by jimgior » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 pm

My status light is flashing red also - and didn't do any software upgrades to the Spot or my Radio.

W0JBR

Post by W0JBR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:27 am

Same flashing light here. Usually I just unplug it from my modem, plug it in and it fixes it but not so much this time. Maybe a server issue?... edit: once I switched servers from 3108 to 3103 it connected so it is a server issue.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 am

Fast blinking red status LED means the openSPOT is trying to connect to the selected server, but it can't.

Slow blinking red status LED means the Null connector is active. Activate another connector.

There is only 1 firmware upgrade file required for the openSPOT. The latest firmware file is here: http://x.sharkrf.com/fw/osp/srf-osp-1.1-0141.bin
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team