Open Spot 2 Status Dashboard doesn't change from initial Talk Group

dmarotti

Open Spot 2 Status Dashboard doesn't change from initial Talk Group

Post by dmarotti » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 am

So I am new to the open spot 2. I set up my radio with the DMR Brandmeister Network and it works great. The only thing I can't figure out is that the first group I set up and entered (WW91), is now the only one that shows up in the status dashboard on http://openspot2.local/#status, even when I program my radio to a different group. How do I get the status dashboard on my phone or PC to change with my radio? Or does it not? The only other thought I had was that maybe I have to change this manually using the Brandmesiter Manager under Dynamic Talk groups in the "Quick call talkgroup ID:" field. Does anyone know? Responses much appreciated. 73

David, NK2Q

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Open Spot 2 Status Dashboard doesn't change from initial Talk Group

Post by HA2NON » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:08 am

You don't have to use the BrandMeister Manager for normal operation. Just make sure you call TG4000 each time before you want to change talkgroups. It will unlink all reflectors and talkgroups. Then the first talkgroup you call after calling TG4000 will become auto static (it won't unlink after a time period set on the server).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

dmarotti

Post by dmarotti » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:40 pm

Thank you! That worked perfectly. I know I don't need the status screen running to use the radio, but I like to have it open so I can see the traffic. Thanks again!

KN4TAK

Post by KN4TAK » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:48 pm

I don’t have to call TG4000 to change TG. I just change channel on my radio and start talking. Openspot 2 switches right over and displays on Dashboard.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:39 am

Please keep in mind that the openSPOT2 "does not switch" as it does not manage talkgroup linking. The server and the network does.

If you are using the BrandMeister Network it is advisable to call TG4000 before you switch a talkgroup because then the network will make the next talkgroup you call after TG4000 auto static (it won't be unlinked even after long periods of inactivity).

If dynamic TG unlink does not bother you then of course you can switch TGs without calling TG4000.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team