Fast flashing red Status LED

N4QWK

Fast flashing red Status LED

Post by N4QWK » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:09 pm

I have 3 OpenSpot 1's. One for DMR, one for D-Star, and one spare. I was getting a fast flashing red Status LED only on the DMR unit, so I tried to troubleshoot it. I did a reset and reboot electronically and manually. I swapped the cables from the working D-Star unit to the DMR unit and the trouble stayed with the DMR unit. I pulled out the spare, hooked it up with the same cables, and it works fine. It appears that there is a problem with the original unit. Anybody have any other ideas to try? Thanks.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Fast flashing red Status LED

Post by HA2NON » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:21 pm

This post has been moved to the openSPOT section of the forum from the openSPOT2 section.

If you use the BrandMeister Network then make sure you use the correct server password. Check if you have hotspot security turned on your brandmeister.network SelfCare page. If it's turned on, you have to use the password you've set there as the server password in your openSPOT. If it's turned off, then you have to use the default server password which is usually "passw0rd" (without the double quotation marks).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

N4QWK

Post by N4QWK » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:03 pm

Thank you for responding to my query. I neglected to mention that I just had a QSO about 5 minutes before I got the problem. The OpenSpot just started to fast flash red without me doing anything. I do use the Brandmeister network, and my Hotspot security is off, so I checked the password and it is "passw0rd" (without the double quotation marks). I hooked the unit up directly to the computer and it still flashes fast red.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:34 am

Connect the openSPOT to your router, not your computer, as your computer will not do internet connection sharing for the Ethernet port by default.
Is the status on openSPOT's status page "Connector connecting"?
Is the Ethernet LED green?
SharkRF Team

N4QWK

Post by N4QWK » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:08 pm

I temporarily connected the openSPOT up to the computer, only for troubleshooting purposes, to see if there was a change in status only. After hooking it back up to the router, the condition on the openSPOT's status page is "Connector connecting". The Ethernet LED appears normal by staying green and occasionally flashing off. Modem LED will flash red when first turned on, an then goes out. The ACT LED will fast flash red when first turned on and then will toggle to green and off in a rhythmic pattern.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:13 am

Send us your exported configuration profile file to info@sharkrf.com and we'll check your settings. You can create an export file by clicking on the Export button on the Settings page. Please refer to this forum thread in your email.
SharkRF Team