Open Spot 1 Packet loss on Yaesu 1XFR and FT2X Repeaters

Bluenorthern

Open Spot 1 Packet loss on Yaesu 1XFR and FT2X Repeaters

Post by Bluenorthern » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 pm

I traded my Yaesu DR1X repeater in for a DR2X. I also have a DR1X FR Repeater and many times the connection is good on the YSF reflector when I hit the reverse button the signal breaks up on the Yaesu Fusion repeater. When I use the DR1X (Original repeater), this equipment seems to handle ambiguity of packet tolerance/loss better. In fact, I am the host node and the Open Spot 1 connects through Wires X and our high profile repeater using an original DR1X passes the signal through. This tells me that Yaesu has done something to their equipment making it more difficult for 3 party units to stable.

I own 2 Open Spot 1 and an Open Spot 2 so I am fairly familiar with the unit. I have never tried to adjust the Bit Error Rate and wonder if anyone can provide information if a slight adjustment may help signals stabilize. We have 5 repeaters in our network so it's not possible to just change to another repeater at this stage.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Doug
N8IQT
San Antonio

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Open Spot 1 Packet loss on Yaesu 1XFR and FT2X Repeaters

Post by HA2NON » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:54 am

Can you please describe the setup you have (block diagram), which direction do you have the packet loss, how do you know you have a packet loss, etc.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team