Connect to BM server but response

jeffslusher

Connect to BM server but response

Post by jeffslusher » Mon May 13, 2019 1:55 am

I set up a new Openspot2 to replace my original Openspot which I am now setting up for a relative. Openspot2 working great but original Openspot (which worked before I changed call signs, passwords, etc.) won't let me connect to specific talkgroups or even Parrott. All front panel lights are green and when I key up his radio, the modem light flashes green fast -- but no response from BM on any programmed talkgroup or Parrott. However, I know the Openspot is working because when I "save" my password in "Connections" panel, the system replies, "Openspot connected to Brandmeister 3101"

I am running both the Openspot2 and Openspot on the same network. Could this contribute to the issue?

TNX
Jeff
N4NVG

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Connect to BM server but response

Post by HA2NON » Mon May 13, 2019 6:02 am

Please first test the connection between the radio and the openSPOT1 by calling the openSPOT's built-in echo service on DMR ID 9999. If it works correctly, then test the server's echo service with a private call to DMR ID 9990.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

jeffslusher

Post by jeffslusher » Mon May 13, 2019 8:16 pm

System responds to a call from 9999. But no response from 9990.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue May 14, 2019 6:51 am

Try using another server, and make sure you send a private call to 9990 as the BrandMeister Network's parrot only answers for private calls.

Also check if Air Security is enabled on your BrandMeister SelfCare. If it's enabled, turn it off.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

jeffslusher

Post by jeffslusher » Wed May 15, 2019 3:07 am

TNX. Turns out my wounds were self-inflicted....I had the CONNECTIONS page set to DMR AUTOCAL. Switched back to Homebrew/MMDVM and all is well.