DMR+ Hearing some stations but not everyone ...

DigitaltError

Re: DMR+ Hearing some stations but not everyone ...

Post by DigitaltError » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:18 pm

I observed the same issue with all firmware versions after 072.
This issue also coincides with a "stuttering audio" after a couple seconds.
Please take a look at this thread and report if you are facing the same troubles: https://forum.sharkrf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=421

If you're willing to sacrifice the TS1 TGs, you can use the latest stable firmware release (072), this resolved the major issues at my side. Maybe it has something to do with the new inband data feature.

At Brandmeister everything works fine.
One more reason to leave DMR+ network...

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 am

I suppose your problems have to do with the new in band data functions (new ETSI standard). Over the air interface everything will be working fine but over the network errors occur whenever "Talker Alias" is sent. We observed the same issues but to describe every little bit of test environment would burst the posting.
Nevertheless, I have a Kenwood TK-D300 with old firmware which hears all Hytera with Firmware 8 (activated Talker Alias) directly but it stops decoding after a few seconds when listening over the network (DMR+). No matter if a DV4mini or a OpenSpot is at the other end. Same was reported from a friend using a Retevis RT3.
I also predict that all the Chinese budget radio users will have problems in the future when the manufacturer provides no updates complying with the new ETSI standard.

Additionally there were some severe server crashes during the last 2 weeks! A lot of issues had to be provisionally fixed. I think it might take another few weeks to be back in order.

Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm

You would hope that the new feature would be arranged so that existing devices simply ignore it, but that might work differently in a professional vs amateur environment because of the different needs of each.

In any case Norbert has found the problem (due to resync problems when there is more than 1 voice frame in a superframe) and is promising a fix for this week.
Brian

W4AFK

Post by W4AFK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 am

Thanks for the update ... looking forward to the next beta with that fix :D

dl5ycw

Post by dl5ycw » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 pm

I am on 92 now. It seems to be much better in DMR+ net now.
Just testing since 10 Minutes, but i have only heard one stuttering.

Nice work, i would say at the moment.

regards

W4AFK

Post by W4AFK » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 am

Grrr ... this is getting very annoying. On DMR+ 4581 I only hear a few stations while others are silent. Everything seems to be working and others hear each other. I tried using a friend's MD-380 just in case my Hytera PD-782 and MD-782 radios were the cause, but I had the same issue. Just downloaded BETA 092 and I'll flash it later. Been using BETA 087 as I had hoped it would help from the released 072.

Are there any suggestions for me to try to find out where is the problem? BER and other graphs in OpenSpot show the same when I receive audio and when I don't. The RED LED is "on" and my radio shows it's receiving ... but no audio.

Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:21 am

W4AFK wrote:Grrr ... this is getting very annoying. On DMR+ 4581 I only hear a few stations while others are silent. Everything seems to be working and others hear each other. I tried using a friend's MD-380 just in case my Hytera PD-782 and MD-782 radios were the cause, but I had the same issue. Just downloaded BETA 092 and I'll flash it later. Been using BETA 087 as I had hoped it would help from the released 072.

Are there any suggestions for me to try to find out where is the problem? BER and other graphs in OpenSpot show the same when I receive audio and when I don't. The RED LED is "on" and my radio shows it's receiving ... but no audio.

You need 0092 to fix this, it's due to there being more than 1 voice sync per superframe sent by the OpenSPOT modem. Had the problem with my MD-390, completely cured with 0092.

Happy upgrading!
Brian

W4AFK

Post by W4AFK » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 am

I just updated to 092 and reconfigured OpenSPOT. Now I am hearing my echo after every transmission I make.

I used the same DMR ECHO settings as with 072 and 087 (i.e. 9999) and even tried to zero it out but after every transmission, I hear my last 5-6 seconds. Per the manual it's generated by OpenSPOT.

What am I missing here? :-(

=====UPDATE=====

It seems like the ECHO (repeating 5-6 seconds of my last transmission) is a network problem. I spoke with others and they are having the same issues on DMR+. ECHO went away then 10 minutes later the problem reappeared for me and others. Oh ... and I did set the ECHO ID parameter to "0"