Voice Announcements Stutter

WB5JJJ

Voice Announcements Stutter

Post by WB5JJJ »

With fw92, I've noticed that when BM gets disconnected, the Voice Announcement comes on and tells me that -- nice touch. Almost immediately after, the VA comes back and tells me it's reconnected -- nice touch also. However, in this VA, the Static TG announce is fine, but when it does the dynamic TGs, almost without fail, the VA has a stutter on the 2nd number, such as TG3148. The "1" stutters, but then picks up the "8" losing the "4" and then finishes out with any other TGs that may be dynamic without a stutter. If I remove the network cable, I get the disconnect message. When I replace it, I get the connect message, but the static TG is not spoken and the dynamic TG plays correctly most of the time.

This typically does not happen with the "query" TG function from the MD380.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Voice Announcements Stutter

Post by HA2NON »

I can't reproduce the issue. I tried to plug the eth cable out and back with having TG3148 linked statically and some talkgroups dynamically, and even had call rerouting active to make the announcement longer, but I couldn't hear any stutter.

Can you please open the network dejitter graph on the status page and see if there is packet loss when you hear the voice announcement?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team