TYT Radio not getting out through openSpot

nmartin9104

TYT Radio not getting out through openSpot

Post by nmartin9104 »

Hello to all and thank you for anyone that helps. This may be lengthy but I will try to be as exact as I can. My openSpot is up and running. I have confirmed this by finding it on the BrandMeister network. I am 99% sure I have a good code plug. It came from the BrandMeister talk group on FB. I do also know how to program the radio, but downloading the larger code plug was obviously easier. The problem I am having is getting the radio to get through the openSpot.

To clarify that, I want to talk on GA state. When I go to the zone GA state is in and pick the GA state channel, and press the transmit button the led on my radio turns constant red like it is transmitting. The screen on the front of my radio shows that it is transmitting. All 4 lights on my openSpot light up and or flash green like it is transmitting. However I hear no traffic, I can not get anyone to answer me, and I can not see myself on the hose line or see myself on last heard. The frequencies match in the openSpot and the code plug. I will appreciate any Ideas. There is something small I am probably missing. I spend most of a day with someone on FB back and forth and still could not get it figured out. Please help. Very frustrated. Thanks Neil
IK8JHL

Re: TYT Radio not getting out through openSpot

Post by IK8JHL »

Check my config for beginning and change with your Call and your frequency
Attachments
Modem.png
Connector_.png
380_.png
WA6NHC

Post by WA6NHC »

Neil,
After the time we spent going through the settings, getting the codeplug etc... have you been able to prove that the radio is actually working? Perhaps try it on an analog repeater in the area or use another DMR radio (borrowed)?

Try another TG and see if that works?

No you can't hide, besides I suggested this place as another resource. ;-)

Rick wa6nhc

PS One more thing to check... check the ADVANCED setting (bottom right of any OpenSPOT page) and on the Setting page make SURE that you have Color Code 1 selected. You probably do, but if all else works except the radio...
Capture.JPG
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Have you tried DMR AutoCal, or changing DMR demod modes manually?
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
nmartin9104

Post by nmartin9104 »

Yes the radio does work I have talked on on a couple of DMR repeaters while traveling. The Between, GA and the Snellville GA repeater on GA State and OH State channels so I know the radio works. I just live outside the reach of the Between, GA repeater and the openSpot is hopefully solution. It works and I'm sure it is just something I have set wrong or something I have missed. Thank you all for any suggestions and I am still open to any. I did not have time to mess with it 2/20. Hopefully I will be able to tonight. I did the auto calibration but maybe I will just go through them individually tonight. Thank you all so much.
kc8sye

Post by kc8sye »

This problem sounds similar to mine. Not sure if it's the same. I have good comms with over air dmr repeaters. I have (2) TYT MD 390 with a code plug that works perfectly with openspot on a MD 380. I connect with 4637 like my 380 friend and we can't hear each other, but his comms are fine on the net. We have gone page by page matching openspot settings (except of course for the necessary id configs). We both have Comcast and brand new Openspots. The only difference is he has MD380 and I have 2 M D390's both with the same issue. I cannot use one through openspot to the nearest reachable rf repeater and be heard nor hear on the other 390 tuned to that repeater. Only RF repeaters grant me access to the net. No other contacts work either. Occasionally I receive QSO from TG not connected to while the radio is just sitting. Both 390 do the same thing. I am thinking there actually is a difference between the 380 and 390. I've run out of ideas to try.
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

I didnt see this mentioned

I use color code 1 and timeslot 2, TS 2 is key to getting it working properly

make sure you are using talk group 9 aka local for cross mode
I've got your DMR #
http://dmr.boards.net/
KK6KD

Post by KK6KD »

Hi,
I have the same problem with my Openspot, I have 3 different radios one works just fine with the openspot and the other two don't work all the time. My MD-390 works juts fine I can go trough the 16 channels I programmed and it works 100% of the time. My MD-380 and MD-2017 have exactly the same programing and settings as my MD-390 and when I key the radios I don't see the activity change on the openspot. The radios work 25% of the time. Any suggestions?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Set the channel's RX and TX ref. frequencies to medium in your radio's CPS. Run DMR autocal or manually switch DMR demod modes for the radios. If these won't help, change the frequency.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

HA2NON wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:22 am Set the channel's RX and TX ref. frequencies to medium in your radio's CPS. Run DMR autocal or manually switch DMR demod modes for the radios. If these won't help, change the frequency.
One of the annoying features of the CPS for the Chinese radios is that by default it selects Low for both Tx and Rx, so it's sensible to get into the habit of changing it for each new channel.

You can also export the channels as a .csv, edit all of the Rx and Tx reference settings from 0 to 1, and then import again. This is a good way of doing it if you have a lot of channels.
Brian G8SEZ