Numerous Problems

Roberteod

Numerous Problems

Post by Roberteod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:30 pm

1. When set up for fusion I can hear transmissions but it appears that no one can hear me.
2. When I try to go to DMR (i am using FT991) homebrew connector the status light goes to red.
I refuse to quit. I know there is a way.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Numerous Problems

Post by HA2NON » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:27 pm

Which connector do you use?

Are you trying to do cross mode operation? In this case please see the notes in the user manual at the "Using a DMR connector with a C4FM radio" section.

The status light is red when a connector connects because the voice announcement is active, or someone is talking on a linked talkgroup/reflector. Please make sure openSPOT's modem is in C4FM mode when using a DMR connector, if you want to use a C4FM radio.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

n1ndn

Post by n1ndn » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 pm

If you're going cross mode C4FM to DMR, make sure your numeric DMR ID is in the radio. I had the same problem and it started to work when I changed the radio ID from my call sign to my numeric DMR number.

Roberteod

Post by Roberteod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:34 pm

I am just afraid that I am snake bit. The problem with fusion/fusion still exists. I have decided that the lights, are, infact doing right. The second I selected homebrew the openspot went off-line. If I could cure the problem with fusion so I could talk on America Link I would be a happy camper. It just doen't make sense that I can hear but not communicate back.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 am

Ok so if you want to talk on America Link, you don't need to do cross mode. You can use the FCS connector with FCS002, room 90. Keep the modem in C4FM mode.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team