Direct connection to D-star repeater - how?

N0DSS

Re: Direct connection to D-star repeater - how?

Post by N0DSS » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:22 am

I changed it to "space" and It works great! Thank you for a great product and service.

zelthian

Post by zelthian » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Late into this thread, but I wanted to say thanks for to all for the information here. I got my second OpenSpot today, and because of this thread, I was able to get connected and to have my first successful conversation on D-Star using a reflector within minutes of connecting.

KG5RVT

Post by KG5RVT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:34 am

Seems I am having the same issue but the remedies mentioned in this thread are not working. I just got my D-Star Registration accepted tonight and I created a space and a "H" initial for hotspot.

When I put either a space or H in the local module I get disconnected and reconnected to any reflector I connect to when trying to transmit CQCQCQ. I see on the reflector's web page I am connected as "KG5RVT H" with Type showing "Hotspot" and Last TX on showing "listening". If I don't transmit, I can listen no problem to others communicating.

The moment I transmit CQCQCQ it drops me and reconnects. Not sure what else to try. I put the openspot's IP on a DMZ as well to ensure no ports were blocked and still same result.

Any Ideas?

-Hash

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:15 am

Please see the user manual (D-STAR radio setup section):

If you want to use a gateway, set the URCALL to the gateway’s callsign and remote module. Remote module should be the last character of the URCALL.

So if you want to talk on KG5RVT, module H, set your radio's URCALL to KG5RVT H
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

KG5RVT

Post by KG5RVT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:51 am

Thanks, apparently waiting 12 hours after registering with D-Star also has something to do with it. It works just fine this morning.

-Hash

PA3BZT

Post by PA3BZT » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:34 am

Is it possible to work D-Star stations/repeaters using a DMR handheld (md390)?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:05 am

openSPOT only supports cross mode between DMR and Fusion radios/networks, so currently it's not possible to do cross mode with D-STAR, however, some XLX servers support cross mode operation, so if you connect to them using your openSPOT in Homebrew/MMDVM mode, you'll be able to talk with D-STAR stations.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

W4KDK

Post by W4KDK » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 am

I am having the same issue. Another ham can log into the repeater with his OpenSpot2 and I can’t with mine. Also, there’s a ham who can log into the same gateway repeater with his dongle and I can’t with my OpenSpot2.

HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:14 am

What gateway repeater are you talking about exactly?
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

W4KDK

Post by W4KDK » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:18 am

Many amateur radio operators can connect to the NT4MC module C gateway DSTAR repeater with their dongles and hotspots except for me with the OpenSpot2. I checked my registration and it is OK, I put the space in the blank with the space bar, I put NT4MC C in URCALL. Can you please try NT4MC module C DSTAR gateway repeater and tell me what settings I am missing? Today I could hear hams talking on the NT4MC module C DSTAR gateway repeater with their OpenSpot2’s, but they couldn’t hear me on my OpenSpot2.