Upgrade issues

k7edw

Upgrade issues

Post by k7edw »

I was trying to do the .101 upgrade and have been having some issues. When I connect the openspot to the PC the first time in bootloader mode I saw the two .TXT files as expected I drug the firmware bin file to the folder and it quickly closed for some reason. when I reconnected to the PC in bootloader mode I see two files SRF-OSM.RDY and SRF.OSP.RDY I have retried the process a few times and have re-downloaded the firmware again and tried again same result. That result is the firmware file is slow to transfer takes 30 seconds or so. As soon as the file transfer is complete the window closes and then reconnects with a succus message right away no waiting 2 minutes like the manual says. I then connect it to the network and then go to the log in page it will not accept the default password I had never changed the password either. please help what else can I do to get this back on line.

Putting it back in bootloader mode results in the two .RDY files mentioned above
Roberteod

Re: Upgrade issues

Post by Roberteod »

I had the same problem with the upgrade. What I did was to download the update file and place it on my desk top. Then I opened bootloader and was able to drag the file off the desk top into the bootloader. It only took me about 3 or 4 tries before I got it right. BTW- I had to do the push reset and connect to power to get it done.
M3SXA

Post by M3SXA »

Once you get the success message appear disconnect openspot from the power or wait a minute or so for it to reboot automatically...
Some of the later release seem to cause the password problem for some reason, clear the browsers cache or delete your history and it should then work ok.
73 Steve
Openspot1 v.141 :D
Openspot3 v.29
IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL »

Your browser may cache the previous version’s web interface. Close and reopen your browser after a firmware upgrade, and press CTRL+R several times to clear the browser’s cache.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

IK8JHL is right about the solution for the issue.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
k7edw

Post by k7edw »

Thanks I kept trying all of your suggestions and got it resolved
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

I've done all of this and no progress mine is stuck with a slow red blinking status

and now the computer wont recognize the openspot at all

any ideas
I've got your DMR #
http://dmr.boards.net/
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

AA1PR: I've answered your question in this thread: https://forum.sharkrf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=796
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team