Openspot status light blinking red

ke4qbh

Openspot status light blinking red

Post by ke4qbh »

I am unable to set up my Openspot in my car. The status light continues to blink a fast red. I reset the Openspot, I tried a different power supply however I am still unable to get the light to go green. When I bring it back in the house everything works fine. I am using my android phone 3G, a TP-Link TL-MR3040. Any hints or tips would be appreciated if you have seen this problem. Thanks KE4QBH Steve

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Openspot status light blinking red

Post by HA2NON »

Fast blinking status LED means openSPOT is unable to connect to the selected server. You should check your router's and phone's settings.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

K3JCM

Post by K3JCM »

I have the same problem. TP_Link set up in client mode and connected to iPhone and just get blinking red. If I disconnect ethernet my radio says Open Spot disconnected but red light won't stop blinking.

When I connect to router it works fine.

HELP!

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Test your TPLink's setup by connecting a computer to it using an Ethernet cable just like you connect the openSPOT. If you can reach the internet through TPLink and iPhone from the computer, then openSPOT should also work fine.
SharkRF Team

w4zth

Post by w4zth »

When using OpenSpot with a TP-Link and cellphone set up, I have to let the cellphone acquire connection with the TP-Link (Client mode) first, then connect ethernet cable to OpenSpot. Might try that. Good luck.

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

My AT&T hotspot takes about 30 seconds to boot up, by then I've unplugged my OS from the wall wart and plugged it into the portable power and connected the Ethernet cable to the TP-Link. The start up order doesn't matter, it just sorts itself out and works. In less than a minute, I'm good to go, assuming I have cell service.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

KC5NHP

Post by KC5NHP »

I have configured the TP Link in Hotspot Mode as well as Client mode. Either way I am able to connect laptop to the internet via ethernet cable or wireless, (when in Hotspot Mode), and I am using AT&T Velocity Hotspot.

When I connect the OS to the TP Link, all lights are normal except for the Status LED which is a fast blinking red. I have reset and reconfigured the TP Link a few times, it seems fairly simple and straightforward. I am sure I am just missing something simple.

All firmware is up to date.

I have read through the forums but have not come across a solution.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated........thanks....Dave

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Make sure your openSPOT is in DHCP mode, and it got the proper configuration from the router with the net command over the USB serial console. Check that the currently configured connector's server is up and running.
SharkRF Team

KC5NHP

Post by KC5NHP »

OS is in DHCP mode.
The currently configured connector is up and running.

I understand what you mean by connecting USB directly to the OS but I do not know what the net command is nor how to find it.

Once again, i unplug from the home power and router and connect OS to the mobile router and it never connects.

The mobile router works fine with laptop.

thanks.....dave

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Just enter "net" (without the quotation marks) to the USB serial console, and press enter.
SharkRF Team