Brandmeister TG 0 "bleedthrough"

zelthian

Brandmeister TG 0 "bleedthrough"

Post by zelthian »

I've noticed every one in a while through the status log (and by using my radio's digital monitor) that occasionally I'll get transmissions from Talk Group 0, even though I don't have Talk Group 0 set up as a static or dynamic Talk Group.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Brandmeister TG 0 "bleedthrough"

Post by HA2NON »

I've never seen calls coming from TG0, but if your call log on the Status page shows that you get a call from TG0, then the network sent you a call.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

zelthian

Post by zelthian »

This doesn't make sense, as TG0 was in no way active on my openSPOT, and the call went to TG0, not to any of my Radio IDs.

I'll try to keep a browser window open and catch a screen cap of the call log. It only happens occasionally.

KT0L

Post by KT0L »

Yes, I have seen this come from Brandmeister, but it is rare. I have not noticed any kind of pattern or anything to suggest why it does this. I have never seen it happen on a industrial repeater so it seems hotspot related somehow.

Rick KT0L

zelthian

Post by zelthian »

As it turns out, I left my browser window open. The TO: was to "0", and 0 isn't listed as one of my linked TGs.

W5BIV

Post by W5BIV »

I experienced that today Very strange.

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

For the past week or so, I've experienced TG0 coming through my OS as well. It displays on the log page (if opened) and on the MD380 last heard list (#4), both at TG0. It typically seems to be only DX stations from Europe. It is relatively short-lived and I hear both sides of a QSO and sometimes just random one-sided comments. Then, about the time I realize it's not a TG I have programmed, it's gone.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

zelthian

Post by zelthian »

OK, I was finally able to catch this going on live, and I've discovered something very odd. I think this is actually a Brandmeister issue. First the relevant Status Chat Log:

Ignoring I5EKX, which didn't register a transmission duration, we have a conversation between IZ4YKR and I4TDK on TG0. As soon as I heard this going on, I did a search on the Brandmeister Last Heard for these two. The result is very telling:

As you can see, the two were conversing via TG9, which means they were likely using a reflector. In any case, at some point, the Brandmeister server registers them as having switched over to TG0 from TG9. I may be going out on a limb, but I very seriously doubt the two switched TGs on their radio. This means that the BM server (or the repeater) had some kind of glitch that registered them as talking to TG0, and that this TG0 broadcast to multiple repeaters around the world.

Did anyone else catch this?

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

I didn't snap a shot of the BM page, but I've seen the TG0's for some time show up there, but only recently making it through to my OS. Nothing serious, but an interesting anomaly for sure. It's still amazing to an old, retired IT guy that this stuff works as well as it does.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA