Profile change from radio question

WB5JJJ

Profile change from radio question

Post by WB5JJJ »

I have programmed TG's 90000 - 90004 to change profiles from the radio, all of which work just fine. However, 90004 is set to change to the "NULL" connector to take the OS off line for whatever reason. This also works as expected and changes the Connector to NULL. But after that, I can no longer send a profile change to the OS to get it back on line. I must do this from the web interface. This is ok, but what if I'm not at a computer when I need to restore the OS to DMR?

It would appear that when I send these commands, they only go to the OS and are not sent on to the BM network, so why does the Null Connector not execute any profile change or even the respond to the TG9998 Connection Querry request?

What other Connector option would be safe to change to so the OS is not echoing incoming data that will also allow a change of profile back to an active DMR profile?
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Profile change from radio question

Post by HA2NON »

Make sure you have selected DMR Hotspot modem mode on the profile with the null connector as the active one.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

It is, and has been always selected. I can change profiles back and forth except when I change to Profile 4, which is NULL and the mode is still DMR Hotspot. There is no going back once I select that except from the OS web pages. Also there is no announcement that I've changed to the NULL Connector either.

This is not a major thing by any means, as I can't get that far from the OS anyway. But was just looking for a way to shut it down, if necessary, which I can do. Just can't bring it back on line from the radio.
Attachments
Modem tab.JPG
George Cotton, WB5JJJ

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

I've just tested this by creating a null profile 4, and switched to it using my radio by calling 90004. Then I called 90001 and it correctly switched to profile 1. Make sure RX/TX frequencies and color code are correct.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

Blind spot for me. In the NULL Connector, I did not set the modem frequencies (TX/RX). Once I did that, all is good.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ