Timer/Scheduler

w7xm

Timer/Scheduler

Post by w7xm »

Would like to see a feature to allow users to schedule what Talk Group they connect to at a particular time, IE for nets, etc. Maybe allow upwards of 5 settings?

no7rf

Re: Timer/Scheduler

Post by no7rf »

w7xm wrote:Would like to see a feature to allow users to schedule what Talk Group they connect to at a particular time, IE for nets, etc. Maybe allow upwards of 5 settings?
I agree. This would be useful beyond nets as I see it.

It is good to have this forum support with the principals very active in it's support of openSPOT user community whether the ideas are adopted or not.
-- Mike, NO7RF, Mazama WA USA

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The main problem with this is that when we designed openSPOT's hardware, we didn't think about that it would need the exact current time. It does not have a built-in real time clock with a battery. If you set the current time, it will lose it when the power goes off. :(
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

pa3bas

Post by pa3bas »

What about grabbing the time somewhere from the net? It is supposed to be connected 24/7 anyway.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Great idea, thanks! It was pretty late when I wrote the forum post and didn't think about that.... :lol:
I add this feature to the TODO list.
SharkRF Team

2RTQ4rn

Post by 2RTQ4rn »

Hi Norbert,
I would also like to request a new feature, based on NTP service.

Here in Germany, HotSpots should not work unobserved/unattended, unless you have a licence for an automatic repeater station. Taking this serious means manally disconnecting OpenSpot whenever you leafe home for a longer time (e.g. going to office).

Would it be possible, to add a timer/scheduler which automaticly sets the active connector to "none" at a defined time?

Maybe it could also be possible to chance the profile at a defined time. The second profile could also have active connector "none".
I tried this to manually switch off/on OpenSpot "over the air". For any reason I'm not able to switch back onto profile 0 by transmitting 90000, to reactivate the connections "over the air". Switching to profile 1 by transmitting 90001 however, was no problem. Do I need to be connected to switch profiles?
Last edited by 2RTQ4rn on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The idle connector does not handle any data, we'll change this to allow profile changes.
SharkRF Team

2RTQ4rn

Post by 2RTQ4rn »

Perfect!
Using the "lock settings" for the "unconnected" profile would then easily allow to connect and disconnect the Openspot by it's owner, just "over the air".

2RTQ4rn

Post by 2RTQ4rn »

As a current work arround, I have now set Profile-0 to DMRHotspot/DMR-Plus Dongle. To block inbound traffic, for the server address I have manually entered a local IP-address (in this cas Open Spots own LAN address).

The effect is, that OpenSpot no longer transmitts any signal, so that I can leave home without the need to power done OpenSpot. This mode however still is assigned to a modem, so that when back home I do just transmitt 90001 to be reconnected with my favourite network.

The big advantage is, that I can set OpenSpot into a silent mode and wake it up again, just using my DMR handheld. No more need to power up my PC :D
Just the red LED is flashing all the time. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The next beta will have a null connector available which does not connect to anywhere, but decodes profile change requests.
SharkRF Team