Status Bar App for Call Log/Status

N6MIK

Status Bar App for Call Log/Status

Post by N6MIK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 am

Hey Group!

This may not be in the realm of a device feature request, but I'll put it out here with hopes that someone can run with it. I'd love to see a status bar display of the current call log. Here's a mockup of my idea using a MacOS status bar...

With the app running, but not "in-call", just an OpenSpot "fin".

And when "in-call" on a Brandmeister talkgroup for example:

I use the Openspot's status page in a dedicated browser window for this today, but as I work, that window gets buried under others. This would keep the OpenSpot activity visible, and allow 'silent monitoring'. Perhaps other information (such as server disconnect/reconnect messages) could be shown as well... It is times like this that I wish I learned how to write code! :lol:

Thanks for reading!
N6MIK

N6MIK

Re: Status Bar App for Call Log/Status

Post by N6MIK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

After thinking about this some more - perhaps I *can* bring it into a device feature request. :D

Can we have a "mini-view" button on the Status page that will open just the status display in a new browser window, sized accordingly, and close the main page? This would make things operating system agnostic, and while it won't solve my "buried window" issue, it would certainly take up less real estate on the screen....

Thanks again for reading!
N6MIK

K7CTC

Re: Status Bar App for Call Log/Status

Post by K7CTC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

I like the idea of a pop-out call log that displays only the call log element from the status page in a condensed format... I think there are a lot of folks who use the openSPOT that leave the dashboard status page open for the purpose of monitoring the call log and this seems like it would be a useful addition.

-K7CTC