Connecting to Openspot via IP vs openspot.local.

N8BJC

Connecting to Openspot via IP vs openspot.local.

Post by N8BJC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Just a thought.

I have my Openspot setup on my router to always hand out the same IP address via DHCP reservation. This is because I could never get any of my browsers to use the "openspot.local" URL correctly. So I have a shortcut direct to the login page, by IP.

Would be nice if there was a checkbox or something to always use IP address in the interfaces. So doing things like changing profiles, which reboots the Openspot, will redirect you automatically back to the IP address, instead of "openspot.local" which is does by default.

Not a huge issue, as I just hit my shortcut and login again, but would be nice not to have to do that.
Brian, N8BJC

ront398675

Re: Connecting to Openspot via IP vs openspot.local.

Post by ront398675 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Openspot2.local and IP will not work. 192.168.99.1

n6cid

Post by n6cid » Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 pm

"Openspot2.local and IP will not work. 192.168.99.1"

The above method only works when the device is in AP mode.

Once the device has been configured to a local wifi router the ip address will change to that routers block of ip's i.e. 192.168.1.xxx

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am

This is the openSPOT (old version) forum. The old openSPOT does not support AP mode or anything like that.

Make sure openSPOT is connected to the same router your browser device is connected to with an Ethernet cable. If http://openspot.local/ does not work then please open the web interface by entering openSPOT's IP address in your browser. You can find openSPOT's IP address by looking at the DHCP client list in your router's web interface, or you can use an IP or MDNS scanner app.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team