WireX on openspot ?

On6dp

WireX on openspot ?

Post by On6dp » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi
Is it possible le to address WIRES X in openspot ? or links openspot to YSF ?
Paul ON6DP

PH0DV

Re: WireX on openspot ?

Post by PH0DV » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Only YSF or FCS is possible. Some YSF reflectors are linked to Wires-X. There is no direct connect possibility to Wires-X

73's
PH0DV
Dick
PH0DV - Dick Vos - JO220PH - Huizen - Netherlands - http://www.ph0dv.nl

allister1953

Post by allister1953 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pm

You can be sure, that it is not necessary to connect to wires-x. You wouldn't miss anything

There are thousands of nodes within wires-x with mainly only one user, the owner of this node number.
With other words, you will be a very lonesame OM. The group with the most users is America link with approx 70 users.

You can connect to this group via FCS 002/90 without any problem.

HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:08 am

You are right except one sentence. "The group with the most users is America link with approx 70 users." The biggest group is All-JA CQ room but i think it hasn't linked to any FCS reflector.
Attachments
All JA Wires-X room.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

allister1953

Post by allister1953 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 am

Yes, you have right.

Unfortunately this a group with/for Japanese people. Pretty sure that in Europe/USA are not too much OMs speaking the Japanese language.

;)

digitalvoice

Post by digitalvoice » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 am

Yes but wires X is a great place to hide. Not a lot of folks breaking in. I like wires x because its a place people cant go to hahahaha!!

ON4VP

Post by ON4VP » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:39 am

I agree with ON6DP. I also would like to have Wires-X in the C4FM connector.
In Belgium most C4FM repeaters are linked on Wires-X in a room called "Belgium-North".
I love to connect to that room with my openspot. I now have to keep a radio standby on a repeater.

So +1 for me to add Wires-X connector ;-)
73 de Phil ON4VP

KD6CLO

Post by KD6CLO » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:46 pm

I too would like to see this feature as well. I miss being able to do Wires-X when I had my DVMega.

yo2loj

Post by yo2loj » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 am

I think there is a misunderstanding going on here. When people talk about Wires-X there are 2 aspects:
1- the actual Yaesu proprietary Wires-X network, and
2 - the use of Wires-X commands on C4FM radios

While (1) is not doable, the second option could be easily be implemented in the SharkRf, in a similar fashion like it is done in the YSGGateway by G4KLX:
- Pressing the DX button would give one the current connected reflector, with name and description, without changing the frequency :lol: .
- Asking for the room lists would get a complete reflector listing (which is already in the Shark as the reflector list in connectors)
- One could do a search using the wires-x search function.
After the last 2 functions, one could select a new reflector and command the Shark to connect to that one (which is the ultimate goal of the exercise).

I think most of the requests about Wires-X actually refer to this function implementation, not to access into the "real" Wires-X network. And this second aspect is perfectly doable in the SharkRf.

mw6kjz

Post by mw6kjz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:07 am

If you connect an OpenSpot to an FSC Reflector with Wires X, you can press the X button and the radio will return the name of the Reflector and the Room you are currently connected to. When you tap the room to change it, it is at that point the radio switches to VFO mode with a random frequency and loses connection to the OpenSpot. There is a setting that users of the DV-type dongles change that instructs the radio which frequency to use for Wires-X, is it possible to port over and implement this command-set into OpenSpot?