Dual Band VHF/UHF device with WiFi and hardline

Mike

Dual Band VHF/UHF device with WiFi and hardline

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:14 pm

I realize VHF is not a favorite for digital users. I believe one of the biggest reasons is there’s no demand, because of lack of supply or simply inexperience. I’m a member of ARES and spend a lot of time on both VHF/UHF. We do a lot of drills on VHF. As of now I carry an openSPOT with a mini travel router. If we could have a VHF version of this, during marathons, bike races or charity walks, I believe it would serve a purpose. Just my 2¢. Obviously WiFi has been requested since day one. I think any device with WiFi capabilities needs hardline access. I guess we’ll wait and see if this post is ignored by SharkRF guys. 73

Mike KM4SM

AB8DT

Re: Dual Band VHF/UHF device with WiFi and hardline

Post by AB8DT » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:58 pm

Mike,
Actually a dual band version would be great. You can also use it to bridge into a VHF repeater where the old version we were stuck in UHF only to make the bridge. But I am sure we will be told the release will be "soon" soon :lol:

HI8MAR

Re: Dual Band VHF/UHF device with WiFi and hardline

Post by HI8MAR » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:19 pm

This device looks interesting at the date announced. Since the Chinese are out to conquer the world, it may be too late as they are clonning everything they can with more features comming out by the day (or miniute). Hope you guys have realized this fact as you do not have anything to offer actually and the market is very fast paced. ;)

73, Mike too (HI8MAR)