VW Support when using C4FM modem

PD1WP

VW Support when using C4FM modem

Post by PD1WP » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm

I use the spot 1 as access to fusion and have the modem stand at C4FM. I use a Yaesu FT-70DE handheld for this connection. In 2016, your team (Norbert) had already pledged that the VW (wide) would be added by means of a firmware update. Certainly because the SPOT1 only supports DN (narrow). Where do the promises you have made remain? Now that the 2nd version is out, you will still meet your promise and make this available for the first version. Kenny degoes bieden ondersteuning aan tot eind 2019 en dit hoort te sterven ondersteuning. Hopelijk krijg ik hier op wel een antwoord. 73. Wilfred PD1WP

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: VW Support when using C4FM modem

Post by HA2NON » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:06 am

You can already use voice wide mode with C4FM connectors FCS and YSFReflector, however VW mode is not recommended as it this mode does not support late entry on the radios.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

PD1WP

Post by PD1WP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 am

It is indeed possible to put my Yaesu FT-70DE on VW but the reception remains DN. With the result that I don't hear the amateurs who come out on VW (especially the mobile Yaesu sets). I see them coming in on the display but don't hear anything at all. You say that the openSPOT1 VW fully supports, but the openSPOT1 does it only on TX and not on RX. I heard that you are going to support wires-X in the openSPOT2 In the upcoming firmware updates, but you guys say that since 2016 in response to the many requests for the wires-X feature in the openSPOT1. Then I find it very unfortunate that you will soon be adding the wires-X feature in version 2 and this will cause you to lose a lot of customers because they do not have to put as much money for a new openSPOT. I am 100% incapacitated and do not have the financial resources to do so. Therefore, I have to look further at other hotspots to get this working properly. Maybe I can sell my open openSPOT1 so I can buy a openSPOT2. Sincerely,
Wilfred Pontfoort PD1WP
pd1wp@ziggo.nl
Apeldoorn, the Netherlands

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

The openSPOT forwards what it receives from the server. If the data is coming in VW format then it will stay in that format. The only exception is in cross mode operation. DMR calls will always be converted to DN format.

If you receive a call which should be in VW mode but it's in DN mode then the server converted it to DN, that's why it's in DN mode. This is probably happening because the server/network does linking to cross mode servers and it converts the VW call.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team