Wires-X Also on the openSPOT1?

PD1WP

Wires-X Also on the openSPOT1?

Post by PD1WP » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 pm

You have kept the users of the open spot 1 all the time with regard to wires-X. Now you are going to roll it out on the open spot 2. Are you also going to keep the promise to the users of the open spot 1 and are you also rolling out your wires-X to the open spot 1? I hope so because you have been calling it for more than a year. Outside of me to have many waited for the wires-X feature. I have specially bought a Yaesu FT-70DE patented many for that. Thank you and please hear your response.

VA3AG

Re: Wires-X Also on the openSPOT1?

Post by VA3AG » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Interested to hear that too! ;)

2M0JVR

Post by 2M0JVR » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Looking forward to the response also, thanks for the post.

digitalvoice

Post by digitalvoice » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:33 am

Do not want Wires X on the openspot 1. Its a garbage mode. DO PUT IT ON THE OPENSPOT 1.

yo2loj

Post by yo2loj » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:54 am

digitalvoice: It may be garbage to you, and if you do not want it, don't use it. As simple as that.

But I would like Wires-X button commands to work on the OS, similar to ysfgateway, to get a reflector list, search for reflectors and allow reflector selection from the radio. Not necessary connections to the Wires-X rooms, which we know is not possible without Yaesu software.

At least, if you don't want to do it, give us the means to get our own firmware on the device, without compromising it. Bootloader specification would do. Make openSPOT open to user development. Or at least drop the "open" from the name, because otherwise it is misleading, just a publicity stunt and nothing open about it.

PD1WP

Post by PD1WP » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:37 pm

This has been given in response to the request for wires-X on the openSPOT1. (given in the openSPOT2 furum).

We never announced that there will be Wires-X button support for the openSPOT1, we just mentioned that we plan to do it. We did not have time for that, but now the openSPOT2 will get the functionality. We are already working on it.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

This company has a lot of openSPOT1 sold. Now that the 2nd version is out, we can forget new additions. So they can give on a easy way support on the 1st version until the end of 2019. It is a pity. II wonder if we are getting new additions at all to our expensive (still €249 paid) openSPOT1. I think we have the right to the same support on the 1st version as on the 2nd. Certainly until the end of 2019. We continue to follow this with interest. 73 Wilfred PD1WP

yo2loj

Post by yo2loj » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:08 pm

The thing is that generally, if an official of a company "just mentions" that "we plan to do it", it is actually a commitment towards their customers. They didn't state "we MAY plan to do it". Planning something for a product means putting it in the product development plan and go with it as planned. That IS in fact an announcement, unless English semantics has changed lately.

And that "no time" statement is just another excuse. If you have a correct project plan there is proper time. Nobody asked anyone to rush out a new product if they don't have the manpower to do it. First you need to honor your commitment to the people that already gave you the money. I too got a second OpenSpot1 (shortly before the hasty surprise sale out at less than half the price) based on the fact that development was ongoing. And then it was just "Bye, bye! And thank you for all the fish".

So let me just say, I will certainly take any promise on these products with a grain of salt from now on.