Scanning

DL7DW

Scanning

Post by DL7DW » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Hello Norbert,
did you ever consider implementing a reflector scanning feature? I would really appreciate being able f.e. to configure a scan group in the web interface and start/stop the scan via a group/private call or DTMF. This feature is enabled in the DV4mini for DMR+ but needs to be handled directly on the Windows panel.

Might this be a future feature?

Thank's for your efforts!

Greetz

Andreas/DL7DW

M3SXA

Re: Scanning

Post by M3SXA » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:49 pm

I was talking to a dv4 mini owner today and said the only thing I miss is scanning and that's when he told me about the dv4 mini can do that... that would be a good feature :D
73 Steve
Openspot1 v.141 :D

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Scanning won't be added as it should be implemented by the network, not the hotspot. Brandmeister already has support for it - you can add all talkgroups you want to scan on the Brandmeister dashboard as static talkgroups. If you are not using Brandmeister, then please ask your network's dev team to add support for static talkgroups for hotspots.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

wm6h

Post by wm6h » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:27 pm

it should be implemented by the network, not the hotspot

It should be implemented by the user.
Couldn't the OpenSpot http interface be used to make a more flexible and easily modifiable scan list? Without going to brandmeister.network to make quick changes to the scan sequence.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:38 am

Changing static talkgroups requires SelfCare authentication. It would be weird to request BM SelfCare user logins on openSPOT's web interface, so we won't add static talkgroup management.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

WA6NHC

Post by WA6NHC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:43 pm

wm6h wrote:
it should be implemented by the network, not the hotspot
It should be implemented by the user.
Couldn't the OpenSpot http interface be used to make a more flexible and easily modifiable scan list? Without going to brandmeister.network to make quick changes to the scan sequence.
I think what he's saying is that it IS implemented by the user but not at the local user level.

The current system isn't set up that way so it can't. The network loading would climb exponentially if ALL the talkgroups were sent to ALL the end users, all the time; which is what you're really asking for (if you want it all at the local level). So having the network (Brandmeister) manage only what you want at that level, means you have control over what you hear and the network load stays reasonable.

And it would make any hotspot, a HOT!spot since that would be a lot of processing and filtering for a tiny computer to manage. Keeping it at the network level is cleaner and simpler for many reasons, loading is just one.

Does that help?

Rick wa6nhc