Just a comment on the Status Page

WB5JJJ

Just a comment on the Status Page

Post by WB5JJJ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 pm

I have 2 static TG's set via BM directly just to check the OS2 is listed there and that it is working just fine. I also have one dynamic TG in place (3100) but the "BrandMeister linked dynamic TGs" list on the Status Page is blanked after a reboot, but the dynamic TG is still active. It even survived the firmware update to v15 this morning. Kinda confusing, but totally working. This was apparent in v14 and still in v15. Attached is a screenshot of the Status Page showing the blank dynamic link. This link is shown when I key up or this or any new TG's until a reboot. Originally, I thought it had been disconnected, but then I had traffic on 3100. Other than that, I'm learning the new dashboard pages pretty easy after a couple of years with the openSPOT.

One thing I feel kinda clueless about was the inclusion of BM static options in the original OS. I just never noticed it was added over time as I upgraded firmware until I discovered it as I was saving screen shots of the OS for reference to set up the OS2. Don't know how I overlooked this except for the fact I seldom needed to change anything once I got the OS all configured like I wanted. It just did it's thing. I anticipate the OS2 to follow along.
3100.JPG
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

zelthian

Re: Just a comment on the Status Page

Post by zelthian » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:44 pm

WB5JJJ wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 pm
One thing I feel kinda clueless about was the inclusion of BM static options in the original OS. I just never noticed it was added over time as I upgraded firmware until I discovered it as I was saving screen shots of the OS for reference to set up the OS2. Don't know how I overlooked this except for the fact I seldom needed to change anything once I got the OS all configured like I wanted.
The announcement of that feature was hidden in the firmware update changelog:

https://www.sharkrf.com/products/opensp ... y/fw-beta/

Look at the entries for firmware version 0137. I also never noticed this; it wasn't until I looked the stuff for the openSPOT2 that I noticed this had been added to my original openSPOT. :)

WB5JJJ

Re: Just a comment on the Status Page

Post by WB5JJJ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 pm

I saw that I needed the BM API in the FW upgrade and I did set that up. Just didn't follow through on the "why" and the addition of BM static support. I just glanced through the update logs and that one really didn't stand out except that I needed the API. Just didn't follow through to using it.

Thanks.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA