Instructional Videos

zelthian

Instructional Videos

Post by zelthian » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:25 pm

I hope it's ok to post these here.

I have created three videos that go through how to set up a DMR radio to communicate to Brandmeister through the new openSPOT2. The topic of each video is:
  • Choosing an appropriate frequency for your hotspot
  • Programming channels for your hotspot in your radio
  • Initial setup of the openSPOT2 with a laptop
I'm planning a fourth video that expands upon some of the other configuration you can do with the openSPOT2. I'll add it to the playlist and post back here when it's done.

Here's the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QX49EP-3Tv

I hope some folks can find these videos useful.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Instructional Videos

Post by HA2NON » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:29 am

Great videos, thanks!
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Hairbear1953

Post by Hairbear1953 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm

These are awesome videos. Very helpful and instructive. So many videos fly through setting and information so fast they are unusable. Yours was great.

Question: I am new to OpenSpot 2 and just began using mine this week. When I am connect to my router I have no problem opening my OpenSpot to see the Status screen and all the connected information. How do I see all that when I am mobile. For example on my Galaxy 8S I would like to see that same screen, but I do not know how to find the phones ip address or open the dashboard like I do on the computer. Is this possible? If so, how do you do that or how do you find the ip address when I am mobile. (I can find the phones ip address when it is connect to my router, but will it be the same address when I am mobile? I don't think I can make it static can I?)

Sorry for the questions, but thought maybe you could help or direct me the right way!

Thanks.

Hairbear1953

Post by Hairbear1953 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 pm

I think I figured it out from your third video. I am assuming if you use: sharkrf.link and then put in the openSPOT 2 UID that it will open it on whatever device you may be on no matter what ip address it is using. Correct?

Thanks!

zelthian

Post by zelthian » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Hairbear1953 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 pm
I am assuming if you use: sharkrf.link and then put in the openSPOT 2 UID that it will open it on whatever device you may be on no matter what ip address it is using. Correct?
IF the openSPOT2 and the device you are using are on the same network, yes. So you wouldn't be able to open the interface if the openSPOT2 was on your home network and you were on you work network, or just on your phone's data network, etc.