Available rooms

mike@msun.us

Available rooms

Post by mike@msun.us » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi there,

When I connect to a local repeater it shows me available rooms.

Now, are ALL these rooms available on OpenSpot? How do these rooms translate to the rooms listed when I connect to a repeater?

Is open spot basically it's own little world with only selected rooms available from the official WiresX network?

Thanks,

-Mike

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Available rooms

Post by HA2NON » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:34 am

If the YSFReflector connector is active in the openSPOT2 then you'll see YSFReflector servers listed on your radio's Wires-X button listing. Directly connecting to the Yaesu Wires-X network is not supported, however some of these YSFReflector servers are linked to the Yaesu network.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Well, thank's for the answer but it still does not answer my question.

When I look for rooms and compare rooms when I connect to a WiresX repeater and OpenSpot2 there is only a fraction of rooms in OpenSpot2 listed which I can connect to in WiresX.

So, these are my 2 questions - and there is only a YES or NO answer.

Has OpenSpot2 it's own little eco system where people using WiresX repeaters can not connect to or see rooms in the OpenSpot environment?

Do you agree that only certain rooms available in WiresX (maybe the most popular rooms) show up in the list in OpenSpot and the rest of rooms showing are only available to people using OpenSpot2?

Looking forward to a straight answer.

Thanks,

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:10 am

No and no. We don't own or operate any Fusion servers. The openSPOT2 supports several protocols which you can use with your Fusion radio. The most popular servers are FCS and YSFReflector servers, which you can use by activating the FCS or the YSFReflector connector in the openSPOT2. The openSPOT2 has no direct access to the proprietary Yaesu Wires-X network.
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:45 am

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Great product just not for me. There are many rooms in the WiresX network I can not select and that is to bad.

The OpenSpot2 looks good at first, but when you know how it operates exactly and what the limits are not anymore.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:33 am

The openSPOT2's product description does not mention it can connect to the Yaesu Wires-X network.

The proprietary Yaesu Wires-X network can only be accessed with a Yaesu HRI200, a Yaesu C4FM/Fusion radio, the necessary cables and the Wires-X software running on a Windows PC.
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Again, thanks for the reply.

Using the YSF mode list's a lot of Rooms/Servers, however the list is not complete.
Where is i.e. the LA-Repeater, Mt. Wilson CA (ID 21042) ? (from Yaesu.com WiresX website)
That is what I'm talking about.

In my opinion the WiresX button is useless in this OS2 mode. See attached pic from my FT-991a

It shows nothing useful to select the right room. Where do I know what "OS2-P1 Default" is?

So if you say the OpenSpot2 is connected to the WiresX servers why can't I see all the rooms?

Also, sorry to go back the the other OM's post a few days ago.
Using the FCS mode in the OS2, the rooms listed here NOT SHOWING WiresX are not accessible when someone does not have a OS2 and connects through a repeater, right?

Thanks,
Attachments
20190421_084049.jpg

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:54 am

Please see the user manual: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... utton.html at the listing servers section: The first 5 entries will be your openSPOT2's configuration profiles. This allows you to easily switch between the openSPOT2 configuration profiles using your radio's menu.

The Wires-X button feature on your Fusion radio is used by your radio to search, list, and store servers using the radio's display. It does not connect to the Wires-X network.
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:47 am

Great, let's say I am using YSFReflector.

I am looking i.e. for the Room LA-Repeater ID 21042

When I do a search nothing comes up with that. How do I find these rooms?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:41 am

There is no YSFReflector server which is named LA-Repeater, so that room is only available on the proprietary Yaesu Wires-X network.
SharkRF Team