Available rooms

mike@msun.us

Re: Available rooms

Post by mike@msun.us » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Ahh, makes sense.

Can you please tell be briefly why that is that some are there and some are not?

You know, there is NO WHERE I looked so far on the web which explains the technical background of this stuff. This includes questions way beyond OS2 in regards to C4FM/WiresX

The answer "well- YSFRelector and FCS are different" does not cut it for me.

Why there are two?
What can one do the other one does not?
What are the rooms in FCS mode? Why are they not different from the room when I connect to a repeater? Can these rooms be found when I login to a repeater, if yes how?

These and a 100 more I can come up with for the OS2 and without thinking about it to much.

Where do I find detailed information about this?
We are HAM's after all and should ask these questions because if we don't we are not much better than a WhatsApp or Skype user.

Thanks,

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Some YSFReflector server owners decided to link their server with a room in the Yaesu Wires-X network. This requires hardware to be bought and maintained.

I don't know why there are FCS and YSFReflector servers. The FCS server software is originally programmed by Torsten DG1HT, and then YSFReflectors popped up by Jonathan G4KLX.
You can basically do the same with both servers.
You can find FCS room names by looking at the openSPOT2 server list. Probably there are Fusion repeaters which are linked to FCS or YSFReflector servers. Ask the repeater admins to find out where the repeater is linked to.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:02 am

Thanks again, that explains some things.

So who are the owners of these servers? SharkRF is not maintaining them them self? What will happen if they decide to tun off the server?

Where I have some issue with is when I connect to a server and I go down the list and lets say want to connect to AmericaLink it shows up in the list (after click on WiresX button then ALL) but it gives me the error "Offline Error" others work. It's a hit and miss. Are some servers more reliable than others?
Does SharkRF operate their own more reliable servers? If so which one?

Also, I just want to be clear on this one. (see Pic)
It says Server, now that connects to someone who links it to a single room? In this case Swiss?

So when I select America link and it tells me "Offline Error" does this mean this server is is not available or the server has no connection to America link?

I looked for other Servers for America link there is one which one says "America Link UK" is this the same than AmericaLink just that the server is in the UK and "reflects" America link?
Attachments
11.jpg

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:41 am

You can find more information about YSFReflector servers here: https://register.ysfreflector.de/
FCS info: http://xreflector.net
These servers are operated by hams.

We do not own or operate any servers.

You can think about a YSFReflector server as a server assigned with one room. FCS servers handle multiple rooms, but you have to select which one you want to use.

Where do you see this offline error message? If the openSPOT2 can't connect then it will display "connector connecting".

I think the "UK" means that this server is located in the UK, but all calls going on the America Link channel from other networks (DMR, P25 etc.) can also be heard. Check the server's dashboard for more information, or ask the server admin if you can find an email address.
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 am

Okay great, that helps.

So what are all the other rooms which are listed on these server operator servers?
Are this rooms they operate on their server them self since I do not see these rooms when I login with a repeater?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed May 01, 2019 7:01 am

One FCS server handles multiple rooms, one YSFReflector server handles only 1 room. You can find out server and room names by looking at the server list in the openSPOT2's web interface.
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Wed May 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Norbert, sorry but that does not answer my question.

A lot of rooms I see in that list are not accessible / visible when I connect from a WiresX repeater (not using an OS2)

With other words some rooms can only be selected from people who connect with the OS2, right?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed May 01, 2019 6:33 pm

No. FCS and YSFReflector servers can be accessed from other hotspots or repeaters if they support connecting to them.
SharkRF Team

mike@msun.us

Post by mike@msun.us » Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 am

How do you access them? They do not show up in the list when I connect to a repeater.

In OS2 they just have a name no useful number, nothing.

How do I know the server supports it?

How creates the rooms on the server if they are not accessible from the repeaters?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu May 02, 2019 5:10 am

You can access FCS and YSFReflector servers using a hotspot (your openSPOT1, openSPOT2, or other hotspot). You can see YSFReflector server numbers in the server list on the openSPOT1/2's web interface. FCS rooms have assigned IDs in the scheme of FCS225 -> FCS server 002, room 25.

Yaesu repeaters are usually linked to the Wires-X network, MMDVM repeaters are usually linked to a YSFReflector server.
SharkRF Team