Gateway connection woes

k5ner

Gateway connection woes

Post by k5ner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Hello,

I finally completed my registration completely last night and the local module is set to space on the open spot as well as on the D-Star gateway. I also registered a D and an H module just for fun and because I wanted to eliminate all possible issues. I connected to w4fj module C, and this is the system which I registered on. I can key the repeater now via RF.

I read the thread back in 2017 that noted changing the local module to space and or adding spaces to fill out calls for the gateway, and I have done that. I am using DR mode on my kenwood th-d74a to connect with a urcall of w4fj...C. I am receiving audio and data through the gateway passed by the Openspot 2 just fine but as we have seen before, I don't seem to be getting out and I get a disconnect and a reconnect whenever I send. Does any have any new ideas? I'm using firmware 0038 of the new Openspot 2. I just received it yesterday. I have tried both DV and DR modes.

I hopes.
73 de K5NER

k5ner

Re: Gateway connection woes

Post by k5ner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:39 am

Hello,
An update. I've tried connecting to other gateways, two of them, and I have not been disconnected from them. Is there something that I or the gateway registrar should change on his end so that the hotspot will be allowed to be able to connect? I know that other openspot users have been able to connect before to W4FJ, but wondered before I write the person if you guys had any ideas as to what could be wrong and if I could change something first.

Thanks again for any help/guidance.

73 de K5NER Noel

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 am

The gateway's software decides if it needs a valid D-STAR registration, or not. Please note that your D-STAR registration is invalid, and may prevent you from connecting or transmitting on servers: https://wb1gof.dstargateway.org/cgi-bin ... sign=K5NER
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

k5ner

Post by k5ner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 pm

I deleted the remote d module which was causing the error. My registration is now valid again however disconnect and reconnect still occurs on transmit to this gateway. I can use the physical repeater, just not the gateway via the Os2. I wood have sent an email but thought others might benefit from the answer.

Noel

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Please wait 1-2 days until your registration is distributed between the D-STAR registration server and the D-STAR server (I don't know how long this takes exactly, but you should try waiting).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Number6

Post by Number6 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Noel, contact me through QRZ, I am local to you, and might be able to help.
KN4SKF