DMR SMS Chat

ct1euw

DMR SMS Chat

Post by ct1euw » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:07 pm

The sending and receiving of messages using DMR SMS Chat in openspot is working, but disabling the "Handle messages to / from source ID" option can not receive messages on the radio instead of DMR SMS Chat. I'm using an Anytone 878. Any suggestions of what might be wrong or setting to check?

When I receive a new message in DMR SMS Chat I have no indication in the Web Interface is normal? It would be useful as an indication as it appears when there is a new firmware for the openspot, for example a star could appear in the tab DMR SMS Chat whenever there are new messages received,
if the tab was selected in the web interface the star would be removed and until you receive new SMS again.
Just an idea but I do not know if it is possible to implement and if there is not something already for that purpose that I do not know.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: DMR SMS Chat

Post by HA2NON » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:03 pm

The web interface displays a notification if you receive a new DMR SMS. The OS2 only handles DMR SMS messages if the Handle messages to / from source ID option is checked and the message is sent to the specified ID.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

ct1euw

Post by ct1euw » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:55 pm

Thanks for the information I will check the notification in the web interface, about sending sms to radio, so far I have not gotten it.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:09 pm

To send/receive DMR messages to/from your transceiver, you need to turn on the "Handle messages to / from source ID" option, and your radio's DMR ID must differ from the source ID you've set for the OS2.
SharkRF Team

ct1euw

Post by ct1euw » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:00 am

I see a notification (pop up message) in the web interface when I receive a new SMS but this notification appears and disappears, so if you are not looking at the web interface I do not know if I received a new message. Was this notification you were referring to?

I was referring to a static notification that remained until we saw the existing SMS (at menu DMR SMS Chat in web interface), then it was removed and only reappeared when a new SMS was received. With this static notification when we entered the web interface we knew if we had new SMS messages.

When you mention "source ID you have set for OS2" what is the web interface menu where this parameter is defined?

My configuration at DMR SMS Chat (2683077 is my DMR ID and in my codeplug i have the same ID):
DMR SMS Chat.PNG
Thank you in advance for your support and attention.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:33 am

Your radio's DMR ID must differ from the source ID you've set for the OS2 (Settings -> Source ID on your screenshot).
SharkRF Team