Setting to a specific TG on DMR

KC4FA

Setting to a specific TG on DMR

Post by KC4FA »

Norbert,
Please explain how to set to a suggested specific DMR TG #. Such as TG 3112, TG 31121, TG 3148 and
TG 91. Do I go to Homebrew or Dongle DMR setting? When I scroll through Numbers, I can't find these
numbers. Confused???
Thank You Gene KC4FA
n6cid

Re: Setting to a specific TG on DMR

Post by n6cid »

Gene, if you are on the Brandmeiester network you can use their selfcare to add the TG's.
KC4FA

Post by KC4FA »

Yes, I am on the Brandmiester network. Registered. How do I “selfcare” to brandmiester or on the internet or on my OS2. Sorry, I am new at this. Where is the Selfcare Brandmiester found?

Thank you Gene KC4FA
dominic

Post by dominic »

When logged into brandmeister.network, go to Services -> SelfCare.

To get your hotspot listed (there comes a new menu item below Services) set a hotspot selfcare password. Then use this password on your Openspot to connect (connector menu) to the BM Master server.

This should make your hotspot gets listed in your BM Account. Click on your DMRID under the new menu item "Hotspots" and you can finally manage your static TGs. Or dynamic. etc..

HTH
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

We don't recommend using static talkgroups. http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... notes.html
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KC4FA

Post by KC4FA »

Norbert,
What is the issue with a "Static talk groups"? Explain what is a Static Talk Group?

Thank You, Gene KC4FA
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Static talkgroups are linked all the time. Dynamic talkgroup linking can be controlled from your transceiver or using the openSPOT2's web interface. We recommend linking only 1 talkgroup at a time. There's a nice feature on the BrandMeister network which is called "auto static talkgroups". We recommend using this feature.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team