Sharkrf.link

Chas1462

Sharkrf.link

Post by Chas1462 »

Hi I've finally got to the network page of the openspot2 and setup the wifi now when i go to sharkrf.link and put in the UID # i get an Error after connecting about 1 minute before it times out. can't setup my radio- any suggestions would be appreciated Chuck KD9GYW
cyberjew

Re: Sharkrf.link

Post by cyberjew »

Hello,

Based on what I've been able to tell about SharkRF Link, all its doing is logging what the actual IP address is that's assigned to your device. I might be completely wrong but it's not keeping track of your actual Internet routable IP address.

So if your O2 is connected to your internal network and has an IP address of 192.168.1.10, then you use SharkRF Link, it's going to register that IP address.

Your ISP is assigning a legal routable IP address to your router / modem and either your router or firewall behind the router are performing NAT to hide the non-routable 192.168.1.x address behind the legal routable IP address.

Thats only helpful if they device running a browser is also connected to the same 192.168.1.x network. It's useless if the browser device is somewhere else on the Internet.

If my observation is correct in what SharkRF is tracking, I don't think it's a feature that I would use. But I haven't spent enough time with it yet to truly understand what it's doing behind the scenes.

Very curious what others have found here....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Sharkrf.link

Post by HA2NON »

Yes, as stated in the user manual, make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the OS2 when using sharkrf.link
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team