New Callsign no connection using OSP

msherw

New Callsign no connection using OSP

Post by msherw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:33 pm

I have been using Dstar for 2 years with my old callsign (NO5Y). Recently changed to a new one (K5FT). Registered new one with Dstar gateway and can get on using a local Dstar repeater.

However, when I try to use the OSP as I have in the last 2 years, I get a disconnection after key up. I only changed my call in the OSP and nothing else.

Is OSP database failing to recognize my new K5FT callsign?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: New Callsign no connection using OSP

Post by HA2NON » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:09 am

Probably your new callsign has not yet synced by the server you are using and it drops your connection once you try to transmit. This has nothing to do with your openSPOT and it's configuration. Please allow the server a few days to sync. If it is still not working, then you should contact the server's administrator.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

msherw

Post by msherw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Well I have contacted them multiple times and they see no Dstar problem. As I said, I can get into Dstar using a local repeater gateway - and I can dial up and use any reflector. So it is not an issue with the callsign recognition in Dstar it would seem.

So that brings me to the OSP again. Why does it kick me off the reflector after a single key up? I am not using a server (or so I thought) with the OSP. I changed only my callsign in OSP and my radio. I have two OSP, one for the shack and one for the road. Neither works now.

Does OSP have a server? Is that what I'm waiting on to be synced? Any additional help would be appreciated.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 am

The openSPOT does not care what callsign you use. It does not have a server or anything which would require syncing.

It always tries to connect to the selected server and keep that connection alive. It only signals a disconnect if the server does not respond to the periodic keepalive messages after RX timeout seconds. In that case it will automatically reconnect.

Please make sure your radio's urcall is set to CQCQCQ and make sure there are no whitespace characters before or after CQCQCQ. Also set the source callsign to your new callsign both in your radio and the openSPOT's connector settings.
SharkRF Team

Jheiler

Post by Jheiler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 pm

I noticed when trying to got thru his setting vs mine that's the server he shows in the shark is DS.gateway.com which is diff then mine. Could this be his issue ?? An how do you change the server it connects to??

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am

You can change the server address at the currently active connector's settings on the Connectors page. Turn on advanced mode to see the server address field.
SharkRF Team

msherw

Post by msherw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Back on all reflectors now 1/21/2019
Was NOT an OSP or radio issue. Informed that Dstar hit 100K user limits and began limiting new registrations to only some (not all) reflectors.

Finally heard from a Trust-server group. A patch was installed that allowed all reflectors to update all new users (or re-registrants like myself who received a new call sign).

All is good it seems now. Thanks for trying to help earlier.

K5FT