OS2 using IP Connector Server

VA3JCD

OS2 using IP Connector Server

Post by VA3JCD » Fri May 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi All.
When we are all connected to our IP Connector Server via the OS2 and we monitor the status page in the OS2 we notice that the talk groups are resolving against the TG listed on https://www.pistar.uk/dmr_bm_talkgroups.php

That make it confusing to all the users of the IP Connector Server as that information is not correct on there OS2 status page, Would it make more sense to just pass the TG number to the OS2 status page and not the TG# lookup when connected to a Connector Server eg:
If we use TG 214 the OS2 status page shows "Spain" and the IP Connector Dashboard shows "214".

I think the users would then not get confused as the flow is correct:
Radio has TG 214
OS2 shows TG 214
IPS shows TG 214

This would only be when connected to IPS

Thanks.
Cliff. :D

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: OS2 using IP Connector Server

Post by HA2NON » Sat May 04, 2019 7:10 am

The openSPOT2 translates talkgroup names based on the official BrandMeister talkgroup list. Please use another talkgroup on your server which does not have an assigned name.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

VA3JCD

Post by VA3JCD » Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks.
Cliff.

vocoder

Post by vocoder » Wed May 08, 2019 3:10 am

I believe you can your personal DMR ID as a 7 digit talkgroup ID. This would ensure it's unique (i.e. not already in use).

VA3JCD

Post by VA3JCD » Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply Vocoder,
That would mean that all connected users would be on a different TG "there ID" if I follow you.
Would it not make more sense to just allow the TG number to pass to the status screen on the OS2 and not add the BrandMeister TG name when connected to IPCS as this information is not correct when connected to IPCS.
The IPCS does not use the BrandMeister TG name on the dashboard that I can see, it only brings up the TG number.

Thoughts?

Thanks again.

vocoder

Post by vocoder » Sun May 12, 2019 3:24 am

Everyone would use your radio ID as the talkgroup ID.

VA3JCD

Post by VA3JCD » Wed May 15, 2019 12:38 am

Thanks again for the reply.
I see where your going with the TG # being you ID, I just think it still does not fix the issue of the OS2 displaying incorrect information on the status screen, I do understand the information is correct if your not connected to a private reflector but when you are it should not display the incorrect information.

Thanks just my thoughts.

Thanks.