Downloading firm ware and database

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Downloading firm ware and database

Post by HA2NON » Mon May 20, 2019 5:55 am

Can you send us an example callsign which is not in the database and it was previously?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

vk4nbl

Post by vk4nbl » Tue May 21, 2019 2:46 am

Norbert, All Australian call-signs have had their Names stripped. Watching the scrolling log, I've noticed that only call-signs and NO names are "logged".

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 am

Your callsign is in the database. Can you send us an example callsign which is not in the database and it was previously?
SharkRF Team

vk4nbl

Post by vk4nbl » Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 am

Norbert, Thanks for your reply. I ran the Australian VKDMR Net last night to confirm. Users of OS2 and OS1 could not see names and only call-signs on the SharkRF dashboard. I understand that you can look at the DMR iD database and see all details, but by the time it gets to our dashboards here in Australia, the names have been stripped out. It appears that somewhere between your location and here that someone or something is stripping out the names. Is it something to do with the great "privacy" debate. It is not the "aus" servers (that's more for RF).
Out of interest, which DMR database does SHarkRF utilize?
Attachments
Screenshot (22).png

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 am

You are right, names were stripped out, we don't know why. I thought you mean the callsign entry can't be found in the database at all. We'll use another source and release an updated file shortly.
SharkRF Team

vk4nbl

Post by vk4nbl » Wed May 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Norbert, Thanks for your work. There was an update tonight and names and callsigns are back on the OS2 dashboard. Thanks again, Pete - vk4nbl