XLX C4FM/YSF support

ryanfu
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 pm

XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by ryanfu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Please include listings for XLX YSF capable reflectors in the OpenSpot and OpenSpot2. As a sysop for two XLX reflectors which are YSF capable, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also the ability to auto-connect to a specific XLX module would be extremely helpful. This can be accomplished by send specific DTMF sequences upon connection to XLX.

User avatar
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team
Posts: 4416
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by HA2NON » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:27 am

XLX servers will be added to our server database shortly. We are still emailing the developer of XLX to add a proper way (no in-band signalling) to select the remote module.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

ryanfu
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by ryanfu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Excellent! I thank you, and I thank Luc.

vk4tux
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by vk4tux » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:20 am

ryanfu wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:01 pm
Please include listings for XLX YSF capable reflectors in the OpenSpot and OpenSpot2. As a sysop for two XLX reflectors which are YSF capable, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also the ability to auto-connect to a specific XLX module would be extremely helpful. This can be accomplished by send specific DTMF sequences upon connection to XLX.
That is incorrect, there is no DTMF support for module connect in YSF mode in XLX code.

ryanfu
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by ryanfu » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:22 pm

vk4tux wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:20 am

That is incorrect, there is no DTMF support for module connect in YSF mode in XLX code.
'DTMF' is maybe the wrong way to list it, but 'Direct ID entry' via keypad is indeed possible. This is the avenue Luc suggests for radios lacking the 'X' button.

vk4tux
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by vk4tux » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:30 pm


vk4tux
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by vk4tux » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:40 pm

HA2NON wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:27 am
XLX servers will be added to our server database shortly. We are still emailing the developer of XLX to add a proper way (no in-band signalling) to select the remote module.
XLX now supports a default module set by sysop, so that is no longer an issue.
If you just append ; http://xlxdmr.duckdns.org/xlx/XLXYSFHosts.txt
to your YSFHosts.txt import These then will just show in the same list .

Adrian ... vk4tux

vk4tux
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by vk4tux » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 pm

ryanfu wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:22 pm
vk4tux wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:20 am

That is incorrect, there is no DTMF support for module connect in YSF mode in XLX code.
'DTMF' is maybe the wrong way to list it, but 'Direct ID entry' via keypad is indeed possible. This is the avenue Luc suggests for radios lacking the 'X' button.
True, yes I called Luc out on his incorrect 'via DTMF' explanation. It is direct 'En' (FT-70) entry as you say, I did a video for that and the FT3D on XLX389 dashboard. However wires-x will not be required for the default module connect as is now possible with pistar with my system.

ryanfu
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by ryanfu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 pm

I see that XLX hosts are now listed under YSF on the beta firmware update for the OpenSpot2; but unfortunately a connection cannot be established to any of the reflectors.

At least it appears that things are moving forward though.

User avatar
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team
Posts: 4416
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by HA2NON » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 am

We've checked and the issue is that the XLX server does not respond to YSFReflector status packets. It is missing from their implementation. We'll contact the developers of XLX to add this missing status packet implementation.

Update: we've just got the answer from the devs that they'll add status packet implementation in the next XLX server version.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Post Reply