Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

k7cet

Re: Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

Post by k7cet »

First time - was able to log in after leaving OS2 on status page for several hours - found web page on login screen - was able to log in .

Every other time was not able to log in - I got either blank page or timeout .

Wow, about 20 minutes after I posted this - after I logged into the OS2 . I came back and found the web page at login again . I was able to login .

After a few hours - went to timeout again - OS2 is continuing to TX / RX with radio, but the web interface is not working .
K4SEH

Post by K4SEH »

It has to be a software issue due to the number of impacted users. I have the same issue of no browser access after a few hours. The only way to recover the GUI is to powercycle the OS2. The IP is pingable while in this state as well.

Scott
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Issue has been successfully reproduced and we are working on a fix.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
K8XG

Post by K8XG »

Hi, Mine used to loose it's connection like this but now I am locked out. No HTTP connection or page loading on ALL broswers, phones, and tablets I use. My friend also had his openspot refuse to connect also with no solution other than use his spare.

I can't load new firmware as I can't find a download site , only seems offered in the WEB GUI. It's running V58 right now but wanted to see if V59 fixes this issue for us.

API still is responding over HTTPD as it gave me a token in my browser just now over the API URL and "sometimes" it will give the browser ALL the source code with a view-source:http://192.168.1.123/

In looking at the source code, all pages are loaded into the browser memory and then funcitons are called with the code location like /#STATUS

However, as of now it will not respond to the root URL since last night when I was researching the problem. All is normal from the serial console and I can still switch YSF rooms with Wires-X key.
K8XG

Post by K8XG »

resetting the config gets you to the original setup, however then once you switch back to the local network the browser acts up again stuck on loading Balloons which is already stored on the local device in the code of the initial AP based setup page. Art
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

K8XG wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:39 pm I can't load new firmware as I can't find a download site , only seems offered in the WEB GUI. It's running V58 right now but wanted to see if V59 fixes this issue for us.
If you use the advanced settings check box you should be able to select the use beta firmware check box. However at present the v59 beta doesn't appear to change anything beyond working around problems with TH-D74 APRS issues so it's not something to rush into.

I'm sure Norbert will let us know when the fix for this issue is available for testing.
Brian G8SEZ
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

This issue has been already fixed in firmware v58. If you still have web interface issues then please post more information about your setup and what else you've tried, can you ping the device, what browsers you've tried etc.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
K8XG

Post by K8XG »

I have over 5 PCs, Windows 10 and Linux Mint. All browsers tried, Edge, Chrome, IE 11 [not supported] ,Firefox except no apple here. All connected to netgear Router running DD-WRT Stable. I was able to get it to work on a Virgin tablet using a Samsung Galaxy 8 cell phone as a internet router as the HTML 5 source code had never been downloaded before over that IP address.

If I change back to my homes router, stuck on loading balloons EVEN if I clear on previous data out of those browsers. Can get setup from factory to login then put in WiFi key and browser switches to that WiFi and it hangs on Loading Balloons. Using http://IPadddress, OpenSpot2, or Shark.link it hangs.

One other thing is the tablet that is working is not up to date with patches, I have updates locked out on it. All other browsers in my house have latest security patches as all should be. I have disabled and re-enabled Origin blocks, cookies, and even turned off and on WebRTC to no avail.

As I stated when it started to first happen the browser had ALL your source code downloaded to it I could view the source; it just would not execute and be a blank screen. Then no connections at all except API token fetch.

I have another Ham here in my town with the exact same problem ; his occurred 2 weeks before mine did. I think this is related to security patches?

FYI thanks for adding the Custom Wires-X host name for me that works now.
K8XG

Post by K8XG »

FYI I can always ping the device and see the network connection is valid in the USB Serial console and it operates over the internet to YSF servers just fine. NO http leaving the PC when your HTML 5 code is loaded to the browser.
K8XG

Post by K8XG »

Moved back to the house Netgear router, the Tablet no longer will connect to it, and here is the incomplete Source code that is in the browser trying to connect currently and developer tools said ERROR connection reset: 192.168.1.123/:1 GET http://192.168.1.123/ net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET 200 (OK)

192.168.1.123/:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I also saw an Error trying to load srf.css.gz on network tab of Chrome Developer Tools.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2">Connect retry interval (sec):</div><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"><input type="number" min="0" id="page-connectors-homebrew-connretryinterval" class="loadable unloaded" /></div></div><div class="hidden" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options"><h3>MMDVM options for DMRplus</h3><div class="pure-g"><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"></div><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"><label for="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-use" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-use-label" class="loadable unloaded"><input type="checkbox" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-use" class="loadable unloaded" onchange="srf_connector_homebrew_change_mmdvm_options()" /> Use DMRplus options</label></div></div><div class="hidden" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-list"><div class="pure-g"><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2">Start reflector:</div><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"><select id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-startreflist" class="loadable unloaded" onchange="srf_connector_homebrew_change_mmdvm_options_startreflist_selected(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)"><option>Loading...</option></select></div></div><div class="pure-g"><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2">Start reflector ID:</div><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"><input type="number" min="4000" max="4999" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-startref" class="loadable unloaded" oninput="srf_connector_homebrew_change_mmdvm_options()" /></div></div><div class="pure-g"><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2">Relink time (min):</div><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"><input type="number" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-relinktime" class="loadable unloaded" oninput="srf_connector_homebrew_change_mmdvm_options()" /></div></div><div class="pure-g"><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"></div><div class="pure-u-1 pure-u-md-1-2"><label for="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-userlink" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-userlink-label" class="loadable unloaded"><input type="checkbox" id="page-connectors-homebrew-mmdvm-options-userlink" class="loadable unloaded" onchange="srf_connector_homebrew_change_mmdvm_options()" /> User link allo