Are we there ? ( +tech question about FCS/YSFR)

I3APR

Are we there ? ( +tech question about FCS/YSFR)

Post by I3APR »

Szia Norbert, sziasztok OS team
frantically and exponentially checking the estimated shipping date for next batch of OS3 as the deadline approaches, fearing a new delay...: tomorrow should be it, is it confirmed ? :oops:

Plus : I know OS2 got the ability at a certain point to allow FT2D and FT3D radio to use Wires-X buttons to connect to FCS/YSFR, then I got two questions about it :
1) It is available on OS3 as well, right ? ( got that info from the manual, tnx )
2) I browsed through some YT video describing this functionality, but the allusion was that Yeasu did not released all the info to implement as an example to download pictures and such : is it any different now after more than one year or still the API's ( ?) aren't released by Yaesu yet, if that's the reason ?

Godspeed and stay safe you all
'73 de I3APR
Andrea

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Are we there ? ( +tech question about FCS/YSFR)

Post by HA2NON »

We start shipping the backorders today. You'll get the tracking number in an automatic email once DHL registers your shipment.

Wires-X button support is available in the OS3 as well. It works the same way as in the OS2. Image transfer is not supported by the OS2/OS3.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

I3APR

Post by I3APR »

HA2NON wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am
We start shipping the backorders today.
It works the same way as in the OS2. Image transfer is not supported by the OS2/OS3.
Tnx, I'll switch from frantically check the sharkrf page to frantically check my mail.. :D

Ciao
Andrea

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

I meant that there's no image transfer handling in the OS2/OS3, but you can send/receive images to/from the server/network through the OS2/OS3 if the server/network supports it.
SharkRF Team

I3APR

Post by I3APR »

Thanx, so after all things have changed from when the short video below was released, or the reviewer didn't get it right...? Picture messaging and news function ARE possible right now...

https://youtu.be/iUtQZEBQv5c?t=69

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

You can turn off the openSPOT2/3 handling the Wires-X button on the OS2/3 Settings page, C4FM settings section. If the server/network supports picture transfer and other features then you'll be able to use these functions.
SharkRF Team

I3APR

Post by I3APR »

Cool, tnx
Andrea