linking openspots

n2ehg

linking openspots

Post by n2ehg »

hi

I saw somewhere that you can 'connect' 2 open spots together wondering what this can be used for?

I'd like to have my home open spot connected 24hrs and also my car open spot always connected 24hrs. so when my car is by home they will make one big hotspot and not interfere w/ each other, is this possible?

thanks
HA5OGR

Re: linking openspots

Post by HA5OGR »

I think you're talking about SharkRF IP Connector server feature.

https://github.com/sharkrf/srf-ip-conn
Attachments
IP connector server.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
n2ehg

Post by n2ehg »

appreciate the response, but that link was way over my head, was hoping for a more simple answer to my two questions, like for the first one, yes or no, and the second question. just a list in layman's terms of a few things/bennies it could do, if anyone knows. appreciate. the help

I actually have. a open spot 2 btw, and considering a 3, just posted in wrong group btw.

tnx
HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

I have 3 Openspots at home. Each works on a different frequency. I set up a fixed IP address for each one in router menu. I did not experience any interference. I say the way you are thinking you can’t create a "big hotspot" using multiple Openspot.
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
n2ehg

Post by n2ehg »

yes. am aware any hot spot set for different frequencies and or names. can co exist I would consider those not really linked.

if anyone has any info on the OP. grateful for the assist as am most interested to learn the possibilities.

tnx
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

n2ehg wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm I saw somewhere that you can 'connect' 2 open spots together wondering what this can be used for?
You can create a private network using this. If a call is received on device #1, it will be forwarded to device #2 so users near device #2 can hear it. You can link 2 different locations together.
n2ehg wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm I'd like to have my home open spot connected 24hrs and also my car open spot always connected 24hrs. so when my car is by home they will make one big hotspot and not interfere w/ each other, is this possible?
You can't create one big hotspot, as you need to set different frequencies for each of the openSPOTs.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team