Openspot has Ethernet but won't connect (red flashing status LED)

n6oi

Openspot has Ethernet but won't connect (red flashing status LED)

Post by n6oi »

We had two power outages in the same day yesterday, and since the last one I'm not able to get my OpenSpot working.

The LEDs read as follows:
- The Ethernet LED shows activity.
- The Status LED is continuously blinking Red.
- The Modem LED is not lit.
- The ACT LED is blinking slowly Green.

Even though the Ethernet LED is showing activity, the OpenSpot is not connected to my router — I've done a network scan and it isn't there. Despite not seeing it on the network, I tried going to http://openspot and http://openspot.local, but neither worked. Without being able to get to its configuration page, I'm not sure what to try next.

Any suggestions for next steps?

Thanks,
Frank
Tyrbiter

Re: Openspot has Ethernet but won't connect (red flashing status LED)

Post by Tyrbiter »

You could try to find the IP address it's at by asking your router which addresses it has allocated, most routers will provide this through their own web interfaces.
Brian G8SEZ
n6oi

Post by n6oi »

Never mind... I figured out that it was my Ethernet switch that was preventing the OpenSpot — and a few other things in the house, as it turns out — from connecting to the internet. Rebooting the switch fixed the problem.

I missed it initially because the switch was allowing some devices, including the computer I'm currently on, to connect just fine. Very strange. :?

Frank
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

Been there, done that. I had something similar happen to a managed switch in my home network, it reported settings it didn't have and that couldn't work but recovered after a reboot. Netgear.
Brian G8SEZ