Newer Manual Firmware Version

Fusion2u

Newer Manual Firmware Version

Post by Fusion2u »

I have been trying to get my open spot 3 to work for the last 4 weeks, i was told to do a manual firmware update but when I do that and try to connect to the openspot3 I get this message:

Error
Your openSPOT3's firmware version is too old. Please manually upgrade the firmware by following the instructions in the user manual.

Go there and its still the same one, surf-osb-1.0-...bin.cpgz anyone know where i can down load a newer version ????
HA5OGR

Re: Newer Manual Firmware Version

Post by HA5OGR »

See online manual.
Attachments
FW manually upgrade.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
Fusion2u

Post by Fusion2u »

Thanks for the reply BUT, its the same version I have download 20 times and still no change , my OpenSot keeps saying " YOUR OPENSPOT3'S FIRMWARE VERSION IS TOO OLD. PLEASE MANUALLY UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE USER MANUAL." I have clicked on the location where you have circled and get the same message. I have tried with a iMac running Mac OS High Sierra and I have also tried on a Windows laptop. This the file that I get when I down load, srf-osb-1.0-0057.bin, so is that the newest firmware or not, my openspot3 says its too OLD
HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

The v57 firmware currently is the latest. Please explain the procedure how you do update the Openspot firmware.
Attachments
Firmware v57.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please send us a screenshot of the Device info section on the Status page to info@sharkrf.com and refer to this forum thread.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Fusion2u

Post by Fusion2u »

I update the Openspot firmware per your previous instructions on the OpenSpot web page. Also when I can see the OpenSpot Information page it does not show any of the hardware or Firmware version. Right now it just sits here flashing green and amber and when I try to connect I get the "YOUR OPENSPOT FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD" I would be more than happy to ship this unit to you and have you look at it, As expensive as it is I would really like to use it.
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

Green/orange LED means you have either Autocal or Null connector selected.

The message sounds like you have a browser cache issue, suggest you flush the cache using F5 and see what you see then.

Another thought, are you using the sharkrf.link method for connecting to your OS3? If there is a break in connectivity for some reason it could be that SharkRF's server is returning an error due to out of date information being cached.
Brian G8SEZ
Fusion2u

Post by Fusion2u »

Tyrbiter, i have typed what i have done so much that here is the short story
1. 20 times i have done the manual firmware on a iMac with the most current OS.
2. 10 times i have done the manual firmware on a Windows laptop with current Microsoft OS.
3. When I try to connect to the openSPOT3 the response I get back is "YOUR OPENSPOT FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD" , using both the mobile sharkRF.link and the 192.xxxxx
4. Green/orange LED, Autocal or Null connector selected, yes thats what that means but I cant get into the oOpenSOT3 because SEE #3.
5. No connectivity problem, I have fiber internet with 750 MBS.
6. I would be more than happy to pay the shipping to ship this unit back to SharkRF and see if they could get it back on line as these units are not cheap but so far SharkRF is not taking me up one the deal.
7. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, all of this problem started after the last firmware update that came out.....
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message about the old firmware version.
Brian G8SEZ
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please send us a screenshot of the Device info section on the Status page to info@sharkrf.com and refer to this forum thread.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team