Connector Authentication Failed

dkk47

Connector Authentication Failed

Post by dkk47 »

Cannot get OS3 to connect, I have re-run the initialization process again, but I get message:
"Connector Authentication Failed " Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

Thank you.
HA5OGR

Re: Connector Authentication Failed

Post by HA5OGR »

If you referred DMR connection my question is do you have password protection setup in Brandmeister selfcare menu?
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please check the hotspot security setting on your BrandMeister SelfCare page at https://brandmeister.network/
If hotspot security is turned on, you have to use the hotspot password you've set there as the server password in the openSPOT. If hotspot security is turned off, then you have to use the default server password which is "passw0rd" (without the double quotation marks).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
N2GJ

Post by N2GJ »

To confirm, the password on Brandmeister self-care under "Hotspot Security" must match the password in the Openspot3 Network menu item under "Network Settings?" Apparently I now have to enter this password to open the device interface, too. I'm trying to connect to DMR from D-Star and I'm getting that error message, too. I am thoroughly confused. This used to work! I can go from D-Star to REF/XREF, but not to DMR. What am I missing?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Connector auth failed message means that the server rejected your connection attempt because of a wrong server password.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team