Switching WIFI networks

KB9LIQ

Switching WIFI networks

Post by KB9LIQ »

Been having issues with my home internet going on and off and this causes a problem. When the internet is off the openspot is still connected to the home network but there is no internet. I had my phones hotspot in as a second network but I guess since the openspot still was connected to the home it would not switch to the phones hotspot. I had to just remove the home network from the openspot. Is there a way to force it to switch? Or is there a way to get it to switch once it has a connection but no internet?
oxoocoffee

Re: Switching WIFI networks

Post by oxoocoffee »

+1 This is a great question. I did hit this one time when I did lose internet connection (bad thunderstorm) and had to power off ceiling PoE AP to connect to my iPhone since iPhone is second on the list after home SSID. Not a bit problem, more of an inconvenience.

Some form of “Force Button” would be a great improvement :)
But I am sure there are more important bugs to fix at this point in time.

KB9LIQ

Re: Switching WIFI networks

Post by KB9LIQ »

Well I'm going to try and set the first slot to my phones hotspot and the second slot to the home wifi. This way maybe it will find my phones hotspot first if it is on. If the home internet goes out maybe I can just turn the phone on and turn the openspot on and back on and it will go to the phones hotspot. Need to test it next time my home internet goes out but the wifi is still on just to make sure this works