C4FM Modem - DMR BM Connector

KE8O

C4FM Modem - DMR BM Connector

Post by KE8O »

I'm using a C4FM radio to access DMR Brandmeister TG with OS4 Pro. I'm using different profiles for each of the TG's and using Wires-X control to switch profiles. Is there a better way to handle? If I switch between different DMR BM profiles within a short period of time I notice the previous TG's are still linked. Is there anyway to switch from one TG to another without issues a 4000 disconnect and only be connected to the TG in last profile selected? I'm using this OS4 Pro mobile so web interface is not accessible. I'm trying to do everything from the microphone controls.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: C4FM Modem - DMR BM Connector

Post by HA2NON »

Talkgroup linking is entirely handled by the server. If you want to use different linked TGs with different OS4 profiles, then use different DMR IDs at the Homebrew connector settings.

You can use SSIDs if you only have 1 or 2 DMR ID. For example, if your DMR ID is 1112222, then set the DMR ID for the Homebrew connector for profile #1 as 111222201, and for profile #2 as 111222202 (01 and 02 are SSIDs here).

Try opening the web interface of your OS4 by entering the OS4's IP address into the phone's browser. You can find out the IP address of your OS4 by looking at the phone's Wi-Fi hotspot client list.

You can also use DTMF codes to start quick calls and make the server link/unlink TGs. You can find more info on this here: https://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot4/e ... l#page-top
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KE8O

Re: C4FM Modem - DMR BM Connector

Post by KE8O »

Thank you. I’ve been experimenting with both suggestions. They both are very viable solutions.